Report Analyst and Developer
- Our mission is to support the building of businesses throughout Africa and South Asia, to create jobs and make a lasting difference to people’s lives in some of the world’s poorest places.
- We aim to invest in countries where we can have the greatest impact. In countries where the private sector is weak and jobs are scarce.
- We invest in sectors where growth leads to jobs – both directly and indirectly. In sectors such as manufacturing, agribusiness, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education. Last year, the businesses we invest in created more than a million jobs.
- We are successful because we are a high quality investment organisation, using the best commercial skills and judgement to make investments in great companies and support them to grow over the long term. We therefore want to attract people with these skills but who are motivated to use them to dramatically improve the private sector in Africa and South Asia
- For further information, please visit our website cdcgroup.com
- CDC is looking for an experienced eFront Report Analyst and Developer to join its established business.
- The appointee will have solid experience in analysing and developing reports for business users, ideally with a background in private equity/alternative investments and fund accounting or as a previous vendor consultant with eFront.
- This is a newly established, permanent or fixed-term position, dependent on candidate preference and level of experience. Initially working as part of a project team to deliver a group-wide portfolio management and monitoring system over the next 3-6 months. As each phase of the project is delivered, the role will take on reporting responsibilities of the live system including ongoing analysis, development and report enhancements.
Initial role – full-time project based, reducing over 3-6 months
To work as a member of the implementation project team:
- Liaise with business analyst and business users to gather reporting requirements
- Work with project team members to develop report specifications and determine appropriate technical solution
- Assist project team with various tasks including:
- Develop new reports, using eFront report writing tools and methodologies
- Ensure quality of developed reports by performing functional testing
- Perform data analysis and data validation to ensure accurate reporting results
- Build and test data queries, dashboards etc.
- Build and support Excel reports including use of eFront Excel plug-ins
- Support data migration and reconciliation efforts.
Target role – building over 3-12 months
To work as a member of the Information Systems department with the following main responsibilities in the live environment:
- To support the reporting activities for all business users
- To modify and update existing reports as necessary.
- To analyse and resolve any reporting related issues communicated by the users
- To manage and maintain a report catalogue
- To help analyse, specify, and deliver additional reports, data extracts, queries and dashboards.
- To train end users in self-service BI techniques with Excel and dashboard tools
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Travel to existing or prospective company offices outside the UK may be required.
- Ideally 2+ years of professional hands-on experience with eFront reporting tools including formal reports, dashboards and Excel reports and data extracts.
- Experience of private equity direct, loan, and fund transactions and reporting requirements.
- Previous experience of working on large, complex reporting, data migration, data reconciliation and data cleansing projects.
- Systems implementation experience with financial/banking software; ideally covering CRM, portfolio management and fund accounting.
- Knowledge of data management principles.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience of working with private equity specific software solutions specifically eFront.
- SQL, SSRS, and other DBMS and reporting tool skills.
Personal skills and attributes
- Good written and verbal communication skills to promote effective liaison with other departments and team.
- Results focus and drive to achieve objectives/results and to meet agreed deadlines.
- Attention to detail, as operational responsibilities require thorough and disciplined attitude to all tasks.
- Good inter-personal skills and must be approachable for assistance and able to provide guidance to users.
- Educated to “A” level. Graduate preferred.
- Relevant technical and academic qualification an advantage e.g. Business or Computer Studies.
- Attendance of relevant training courses, e.g. for eFront reporting tools, Microsoft software, private equity fund administration, or similar are an advantage.
Dimensions that distinguish the role
- Sufficient technical knowledge to instil confidence within the user community.
- Sound grasp of eFront reporting tools and methods.
- Sound grasp of private equity business model and associated system benefits.
- Direct line to Business Systems Executive.
- Day to day interaction with project teams, Finance, IT, Investment Management, and other stakeholder teams including software vendor.
We look for candidates who share our culture and reflect our identities:
- Compassion is central to everything we do
- We owe our clients and prospective clients a fast and thoughtful process
- We accept the tough challenges inherent in our mission
- We are quick and non-defensive when things go wrong
- We oppose bureaucracy
- We never forget that we are investing and spending tax payers’ money
- We promote a fulfilling work environment
Please include a cover letter with your application
Role Posted on: 28/06/2018
Role Closes on: 27/07/2018