PA to Mid – Large Funds (12-month FTC – Maternity Cover)
- CDC is the UK’s development finance institution. Established in 1948 we invest in the most challenging markets of Africa and Asia with the aim of supporting economic development.
- CDC has net assets of £6.4bn and a portfolio of £4.7 billion. In 2019 we committed over £1.66 billion of capital to business in Africa and Asia and are now invested in 1,200 businesses which directly employ over 875,000 workers and support many more.
- CDC is a Public Limited Company and is wholly owned on behalf of the UK government by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
- In the last few years, we have expanded our presence in Africa and Asia by opening new offices in Bangladesh, Egypt, Kenya, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria and Pakistan with additional locations opening soon.
- At CDC, we take an entrepreneurial approach to investment. We think innovatively about ways to deploy our capital, attract and mobilise other investors, and drive transformational impact.
- Primarily, CDC invests through direct equity, direct debt and funds products to achieve impact and a financial return which is reinvested into more businesses. We aim to create jobs and accelerate economic prosperity and focus on sectors that will do this; manufacturing, food and agriculture, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education.
- CDC works with like-minded ambitious people who are primarily motivated by our mission to deliver impact. We are a growing team of over 485 and place immense value on diversity within our organisation.
- Read more about us on our website cdcgroup.com
Team and role overview
Private Equity, Mid and Large Funds team is currently responsible for CDC's relationship with 20 established private equity fund managers running 40 funds across South Asia and Africa and also oversees some of CDC's Latin American and global legacy funds.
CDC Group is looking to hire a PA to provide support to the Mid and Large Funds team (MLF) which sits within the SMART Group. The successful candidate will join the team to provide comprehensive and efficient administrative support to Directors, Managers, Executives and other MLF team members. Work will include diary and travel management, expenses, coordination and preparation of team meeting agendas and other administrative duties. This PA will also work closely with other PA’s within CDCs wider business support team (BST) on a regular basis in addition to providing coverage. Due to the changing priorities of CDC and ambiguity around our business, the candidate needs to resilient with the ability to be flexible, robust and support the fast-paced changes as required.
Responsibilities will be based on relative experiences and workloads and include the following:
- Act as a gatekeeper for MLF Team Head’s time, ensure he is prepared for meetings with adequate time in the diary to review/prep.
- Provide a high standard of admin support to both team Directors, which includes extensive diary management, travel and expenses.
- Manage all internal and external meetings and calls in Microsoft Outlook to capture all time zones, prioritising and re-arranging where necessary.
- Support the MLF team in the organisation of larger meetings (virtual and physical) with external stakeholders.
- Organise travel for team members which includes flight bookings, accommodation, visa processing, preparation of itineraries and liaising with overseas clients where appropriate, consistent with CDC’s travel policy.
- Coordinate and organise conferences and events for the team, including a large event that takes place each year (with virtual smaller events). Working alongside other team PAs.
- Support the team in the coordination of shared, collaborative work alongside diary management and expenses.
- Upload, collate and obtain sign off for all invoices relating to MLF.
- Other ad-hoc administrative duties as required, such as settle new starters, support their onboarding, update internal webpages, pull reports from e-front and create a weekly news round-up to share with the team.
- Work closely with the other SMART Group PA’s and provide ad-hoc support/coverage when needed.
- Attend weekly PEF Team PA meetings, weekly SMART team PA meetings and monthly BST meetings.
Background, skills, aptitude
- Strong diary management experience.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Competent managing complex travel and visa processing for multiple geographies.
- Attention to detail including confidence with numerical data.
- A background of providing support to large teams.
- Good communication skills and good level of written English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, MS TEAMS, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure and an understanding of the importance of prioritising work and seeking assistance from colleagues when necessary.
- Confident, proactive, cheerful and resourceful team-player both for immediate team and wider BST.
- Sensitive to the culture diversity within CDC and its investees/ investment geographies.
- Experience arranging and managing travel itineraries that may change at short notice.
- Experience in supporting senior management.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, TEAMS, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Proven ability to manage travel arrangements, scheduling and visa applications
- Proven ability to manage multiple diaries and to work proactively in prioritising and scheduling calls and meetings
- Familiarity with video conference technologies (Zoom/WebEx/MS Teams)
- Proven experience in managing and submitting expense claims
- Candidates should be strongly motivated by CDC’s development mission and ideally demonstrate some commitment to development or social goals through previous executive or non-executive activity.
Our cultural values
We look for team members who aspire, as we do, to work at our best and to be:
- Impact-led, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
Why might you take this job?
- You’re a proactive self-starter and enjoy how you perform your role.
- You are motivated by the opportunity to deliver real change in people’s lives (via the investments that CDC makes)
- You like working in a collaborative team where everyone pitches in to help when required.
- You’re always looking outwards for inspiration and are keen to bring new perspectives to your work.
- You’re energised by being highly organised and relied upon by management.
- You like variety and enjoy multi-tasking.
- You want to work for a purpose-driven, growing organisation.
Why might you not take this job?
- You like predictability in your daily routine and prefer a very structured working environment.
- You work better when the agenda and parameters set.
- You like to have your role responsibilities closely defined.
- You feel more comfortable within your own team environment than regularly having to meet and engage with colleagues in other departments or outside the organisation.
- Juggling a variety of different tasks, or having to shift priorities at short notice, depletes you of energy.
CDC is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or educational background.
Please provide a cover letter with your application