HR Operations Associate
- CDC is the UK’s development finance institution. Established in 1948 we invest in the most challenging markets of Africa and Asia with the aim of supporting economic development.
- CDC has net assets of £6.4bn and a portfolio of £4.7 billion. In 2019 we committed over £1.66 billion of capital to business in Africa and Asia and are now invested in 1,200 businesses which directly employ over 875,000 workers and support many more.
- CDC is a Public Limited Company and is wholly owned on behalf of the UK government by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
- In the last few years, we have expanded our presence in Africa and Asia by opening new offices in Bangladesh, Egypt, Kenya, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria and Pakistan with additional locations opening soon.
- At CDC, we take an entrepreneurial approach to investment. We think innovatively about ways to deploy our capital, attract and mobilise other investors, and drive transformational impact.
- Primarily, CDC invests through direct equity, direct debt and funds products to achieve impact and a financial return which is reinvested into more businesses. We aim to create jobs and accelerate economic prosperity and focus on sectors that will do this; manufacturing, food and agriculture, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education.
- CDC works with like-minded ambitious people who are primarily motivated by our mission to deliver impact. We are a growing team of over 485 and place immense value on diversity within our organisation.
- Read more about us on our website cdcgroup.com
Team and role overview
The HR Operations Associate and HR Process Specialist will report and provide support to the HR Operations and Information Systems Manager, within the Reward & Operations team. The role will work on administering the key HR operations processes including but not limited to those within the annual employee lifecycle and UK immigration & visa requirements.
The person in this role will carry out the operational work for the following processes – UK visa/RTW applications and renewals, joiner, mover, leaver processes, and our HR GDPR responsibilities, escalating issues to the HR Operations and Information Systems Manager as appropriate. They will have oversight of implementation of other processes in collaboration with the wider team. The successful candidate will also need to work with our HRIS Associate to prepare and release multiple reports to our internal teams and stakeholders, set up documents to enable our six-monthly promotion and progression process, maintain accrual files and build reports.
- UK Immigration and Visa processing including liaison with the external immigration advisor to arrange the necessary visa documentation, providing guidance and support to employees, ensuring adherence to Home Office requirements.
- Delivering employee life cycle activities (joiners, probation, movers, leavers).
- Supporting the Head of HR Operations and Systems with process improvements for the wider HR team. This will include creating process maps using Visio and taking minutes of project review meetings.
- Coordinating the development and distribution of promotion and progression communications and documentation.
- Support the Reward Director with communication and documentation as required i.e. annual salary review and the incentive plan
- Working with the HRBP team to support the probation process, including the creation of documentation and accurate record keeping.
- Working alongside the HRIS Associate to create detailed reports for the business and HR team using SelectHR and MS Excel
- Acting CDC’s Operations partner in close collaboration with the HR Business Partnering team
- Providing support and coaching to the HR Operations Administrator
- Providing operational support for flexible working requests; attend meetings with the business (alongside HRBP), create paperwork, manage and calculate bank holidays for part-time employees, answer queries from employees and line managers.
- To be a “super user” on SelectHR
- Support on the implementation of new HR systems/system upgrades
- Ensuring excellent management of HR records, ensuring compliance with retention strategy, GDPR and document destruction.
The candidate will be a strong HR generalist/HR Operations specialist with analytics and reporting experience. We want someone with a passion for accuracy and process improvement, who will enjoy working in a busy team, demonstrates critical thinking in resolving problems and dealing with multiple stakeholders.
Background, skills, aptitude
- Must have appropriate experience of managing UK visa applications and renewals (exposure to the markets CDC operate in would be advantageous but not a prerequisite).
- Have suitable HR operations experience, ideally gained in a financial services / professional services / corporate environment
- Experience of managing and mapping process improvements (ideally have used Visio or similar)
- Substantial knowledge of HR policies and processes, employment legislation and HR best practice; with up-to-date employment law knowledge of flexible working rights and process
- Delivers small HR projects over short timescales, utilising project management tools and methodology
- Proficient on MS Word, Excel and other Microsoft programs – these are core systems that will be used on a regular basis. In particular, strong mail merge skills
- Understands how to integrate diversity and inclusion principles into people practices
- Is able to independently draft, amend, and administer employment documentation
- CIPD level 5 or 7 desirable (but not a prerequisite)
- Ideally have supervisory/coaching experience
- Highly numerate
- Have a collaborative attitude, especially in finding solutions to problems.
- Ability to work well under pressure with a strong attention to detail skills
Our cultural values
We look for team members who aspire, as we do, to work at our best and to be:
- Impact-led, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
CDC is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or educational background.
Please provide a cover letter with your application