Executive, Business Intelligence Developer Lead
- CDC is the UK’s development finance institution. Founded 70 years ago, we invest in the most challenging markets of Africa and South Asia with the aim of supporting economic development. CDC has net assets of £5.1bn, with over 1300 growing businesses in the portfolio.
- Last year we committed over £1billion of capital across 50 transactions.
- CDC is wholly owned by the UK government, who has committed a further £3.5bn of capital for CDC to deploy over the next two to three years.
- We are expanding our presence in Africa and South Asia with further new offices openings in 2020.
- At CDC, we take an entrepreneurial approach to investment. We think innovatively about ways to deploy our capital, attract and mobilise other investors, and drive transformational impact.
- Primarily, CDC invests to achieve impact and a financial return which is reinvested into more businesses. We aim to create jobs and accelerate economic prosperity and focus on sectors that will do this; manufacturing, food and agriculture, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education.
- CDC works with like-minded ambitious people who are primarily motivated by our mission to deliver impact. We are a growing team of over 400 and place immense value on diversity within our organisation.
- Read more about us on our website cdcgroup.com
Team and role overview
- CDC is looking for an experienced BI developer to join its established business.
- You will initially be working as an integral part of the implementation project team delivering a group-wide portfolio management and monitoring system over the next 3-6 months.
- As the final phase of the project is delivered, the role will take on additional responsibility building out additional reporting capabilities and insight across eFront and other internal systems.
- The successful candidate will have solid experience in designing, developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions, ideally with a background in private equity/alternative investments and fund accounting.
- You will use your solid experience in the PE/Alternatives market to generate data insight through reporting and data visualisation software.
- Ongoing responsibilities will include regular analysis, development and enhancements to the reporting suite.
Initial role – full-time project based, reducing over 3-6 months
To work as a member of the project implementation team:
- Assist project team with various tasks including:
- Develop new reports, using appropriate technologies (eFront/SQL/PowerBI etc.)
- Ensure quality of developed reports by performing functional and non-functional testing
- Perform data analysis and data validation to ensure accurate reporting results
- Build and support Excel reports including use of eFront Excel plug-ins
- Support data migration and reconciliation efforts
Target role – building over 3-12 months
To work as a member of the Technology department, with the following main responsibilities:
- Lead and develop CDC’s data warehouse and reporting capabilities
- Work with team members to build and develop functional and technical report specifications
- Data visualisation and report development
- To manage and maintain a report catalogue
- To modify and update existing reports as necessary
- To support, analyse and resolve any reporting related issues communicated by the users
- To help analyse, specify, and deliver additional reports, data extracts, queries and dashboards.
- Continually work with the business and continue to develop CDC’s approach to data insight and delivery
- To train end-users in self-service BI techniques dashboard tools
- The role includes accountability for one direct report
- Day to day interaction with project teams, Finance, IT, Investment Management, and other stakeholder teams including software vendors and external consultants.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Travel to existing or prospective company offices outside the UK may be required.
- Must have extensive experience with eFront reporting tools including formal reports, dashboards and Excel reports and data extracts and working with data visualisation software and services – Power BI etc. Ideally gained in a Private Equity (PE) / Alternative Markets environment.
- Experience in data analysis, reporting, warehousing and modelling.
- Experience of private equity direct, loan, and fund transactions and reporting requirements would be highly advantageous .
- Previous experience of working on large, complex reporting, data migration, data reconciliation and data cleansing projects.
- Systems implementation experience with financial/banking software; ideally covering portfolio management and accounting.
- Solid team leadership qualities and management experience.
- DBA and ETL skills.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience of working with private equity specific software solutions specifically eFront.
- SQL, SSRS, and other DBMS and reporting tool skills.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft technology stack – particularly around data management/visualisation (PowerBI)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to promote effective liaison with other departments and team; be approachable to assist and provide guidance to users.
- Results focus and drive to achieve objectives/results and to meet agreed deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Educated to “A” level or equivalent. Graduate preferred.
CDC is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Please include a cover letter with your application
Role opened: 21 July 2020
Role closes: 20 August 2020