CDC is a positive working environment, built around a worthwhile and important mission. Working here you can be part of an international team which combines commercial focus and attitude with a mission that plays a demonstrable role in improving the lives of some of the world’s poorest people. You will work with a diverse, intelligent, exciting group of people, and can play a part in ensuring that CDC remains a truly excellent place to work.
- CDC is looking for an experienced BI developer to join its established business.
- You will initially be working as an integral part of the implementation project team delivering a group-wide portfolio management and monitoring system over the next 3-6 months.
- As the final phase of the project is delivered, the role will take on additional responsibility building out additional reporting capabilities and insight across eFront and other internal systems.
- The successful candidate will have solid experience in designing, developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions, ideally with a background in private equity/alternative investments and fund accounting.
- You will use your solid experience in the PE/Alternatives market to generate data insight through reporting and data visualisation software.
- Ongoing responsibilities will include regular analysis, development and enhancements to the reporting suite.
Initial role – full-time project based, reducing over 3-6 months
To work as a member of the project implementation team:
- Assist project team with various tasks including:
- Develop new reports, using appropriate technologies (eFront/SQL/PowerBI etc.)
- Ensure quality of developed reports by performing functional and non-functional testing
- Perform data analysis and data validation to ensure accurate reporting results
- Build and support Excel reports including use of eFront Excel plug-ins
- Support data migration and reconciliation efforts.
Target role – building over 3-12 months
To work as a member of the Technology department, with the following main responsibilities:
- Lead and develop CDC’s data warehouse and reporting capabilities
- Work with team members to build and develop functional and technical report specifications
- Data visualisation and report development
- To manage and maintain a report catalogue
- To modify and update existing reports as necessary
- To support, analyse and resolve any reporting related issues communicated by the users
- To help analyse, specify, and deliver additional reports, data extracts, queries and dashboards.
- Continually work with the business and continue to develop CDC’s approach to data insight and delivery
- To train end-users in self-service BI techniques dashboard tools
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Travel to existing or prospective company offices outside the UK may be required.
- Strong background and experience working in PE/Alternatives market.
- Experience with eFront reporting tools including formal reports, dashboards and Excel reports and data extracts.
- Experience in data analysis, reporting, warehousing and modelling.
- Experience working with data visualisation software and services – for example Power BI, Tableau etc.
- Experience of private equity direct, loan, and fund transactions and reporting requirements.
- Previous experience of working on large, complex reporting, data migration, data reconciliation and data cleansing projects.
- Systems implementation experience with financial/banking software; ideally covering portfolio management and accounting.
- Solid team leadership qualities and management experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of data management principles.
- Solid experience with data warehouse and reporting technologies.
- DBA and ETL skills.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience of working with private equity specific software solutions specifically eFront.
- SQL, SSRS, and other DBMS and reporting tool skills.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft technology stack – particularly around data management/visualisation (PowerBI)
Personal skills and attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to promote effective liaison with other departments and team.
- Results focus and drive to achieve objectives/results and to meet agreed deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Fantastic inter-personal skills and must be approachable for assistance and able to provide guidance to users.
- Educated to “A” level. Graduate preferred.
- Relevant technical and academic qualification an advantage e.g. DBA, Business or Computer Studies etc.
- Attendance of relevant training courses, e.g. for eFront reporting tools, Microsoft software, private equity fund administration, or similar are an advantage.
Dimensions that distinguish the role
- Sound grasp of eFront reporting tools and methods.
- Sound grasp of private equity business model and associated system benefits. Sufficient technical knowledge to instil confidence within the user community.
- The role includes accountability for one direct report
- Day to day interaction with project teams, Finance, IT, Investment Management, and other stakeholder teams including software vendors and external consultants.
Our cultural values
We look for team members who aspire, as we do, to work at our best and to be:
- Impact-led, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
CDC is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, age, educational background, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation and religion.