Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Our mission is to support the building of businesses throughout Africa and South Asia, to create jobs and make a lasting difference to people’s lives in some of the world’s poorest places.
- We aim to invest in countries where we can have the greatest impact. In countries where the private sector is weak and jobs are scarce.
- We invest in sectors where growth leads to jobs – both directly and indirectly. In sectors such as manufacturing, agribusiness, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education. Last year, the businesses we invest in created more than a million jobs.
- We are successful because we are a high quality investment organisation, using the best commercial skills and judgement to make investments in great companies and support them to grow over the long term. We therefore want to attract people with these skills but who are motivated to use them to dramatically improve the private sector in Africa and South Asia
- For further information, please visit our website cdcgroup.com
CDC is a positive working environment, built around a worthwhile and important mission. Working here you can be part of an international team which combines commercial focus and attitude with a mission that plays a demonstrable role in improving the lives of some of the world’s poorest people. You will work with a diverse, intelligent, exciting group of people, and can play a part in ensuring that CDC remains a truly excellent place to work.
- The CTO will partner with our business leaders to build on our Information Technology (IT) strategy in support of our business’ ambitious objectives. The role is responsible for providing the thought and leadership to develop and implement information technology initiatives that provide proactive support to the business, improve effectiveness, and continuously improve operational efficiency.
- The successful individual will bring their previous experience of leading an IT function, ideally in a similar environment with offices in developing countries. The successful candidate will also possess strong inter-personal and communications skills to manage relationships both internally and with external providers.
- The role will collaborate with the Programme & Change Manager to deliver projects and continuous improvement.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate personal commitment and accountability to ensure standards are continuously sustained and improved both within the internal teams, with partner organisations, and suppliers.
- The CTO will report to the Director of Business Services
The role involves both operational and tactical management of the information systems. There are three main pillars to the role:
- Support – Ensure our information systems are fit for purpose and available, and allow employees and associates to do their jobs as needed, whether at the office or not. This includes managing an internal team, third parties and a managed service provider.
- System applications – Manage the systems application needs of the organisation, by working with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and managing the outsourced vendors to ensure the successful delivery.
- Strategic – Support the Director, Business Services to further develop the Information Technology strategy, keeping the business up to date with the evolving technological environment.
- Devise technology solutions to IT challenges in support of the IT and business strategy.
- Develop detailed plans and execute on IT projects.
- Ensure the security of the firm's application, systems and infrastructure are a top priority, working with the business leaders to increase their awareness of any security issues or concerns.
- To ensure that the company has up to date information and data security policies and standards which comply with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements, are consistent with good industry practice and take account of the shifting threat environment and improvements in technology as they occur.
- Further develop the current processes and procedures with a view to ensuring the function remains business focused, streamlined and that priorities are kept under constant review.
- Provide leadership to the team to help them deliver the best service and achieve their potential.
- Manage the relationships with and between external agencies and suppliers, ensuring contracts and service levels are negotiated in line with strategic aims and financial constraints.
- Develop, review, and certify the back up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Design and implementation of IT policies in collaboration with business partners and senior management.
- Ensure the IT infrastructure continues to be operated and maintained in compliance with best practice.
- Ensure analysis of common issues raised by users are escalated and resolutions put in place in a timely manner to improve service levels.
- To act as the primary IT and data consultant with senior management on project feasibility, approach and options in collaboration with the Director, Business Services.
- Effectively communicate and align with senior management on business/strategic goals.
- Assure adherence to all regulatory, corporate and audit requirements.
- To maintain Information Technology aspects of the key business processes within the organisation under permanent review and recommend appropriate changes and improvements.
- To ensure that we have suitable MI systems, reports and processes in place. The jobholder is responsible for managing the implementation of any agreed changes and documenting the new MI outputs.
- To establish and manage all aspects of the budget that relate to information management, data security and IT activities.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Travel to existing or prospective company offices outside the UK may be required.
- Knowledgeable of current IT developments, Microsoft cloud services, Office365, and SharePoint Online.
- Experience with Private equity IT systems, ideally eFront
- Proven track record of leading IT initiatives, managing projects and implementing improvements in a medium-sized multi-national, organisation.
- Proven ability leading a team and the capacity to operate at both a strategic and tactical level are essential.
- Good problem solving, judgment and decision making.
- Ability to gain consensus and establish credible relationships at all levels. A track record of bringing teams together to collaborate and drive results will be critical to success.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A track record of managing multiple work streams simultaneously, and the ability to work effectively under pressure. In addition to being a thought leader, the candidate must be able to see a plan through to implementation.
- University Degree or equivalent
- Private Equity industry or Development Capital related IT experience is desirable, preferably coupled with experience from working in larger Financial services companies (investment banking, insurance or equivalent).
- Understanding of data management best practices, including governance, operations, reporting and analysis and development of data solutions.
- Hands-on experience in operational process design and workflow.
We look for candidates who share our culture and reflect our identities:
- Compassion is central to everything we do
- We owe our clients and prospective clients a fast and thoughtful process
- We accept the tough challenges inherent in our mission
- We are quick and non-defensive when things go wrong
- We oppose bureaucracy
- We never forget that we are investing and spending tax payers’ money
- We promote a fulfilling work environment
Please submit a cover note with your application.
Posted on 13 February 2018
Closing on 15 March 2018