Team and role overview
Infrastructure is the foundation of economic development. A modern, high-productivity economy is impossible without reliable electricity, efficient transport infrastructure and widespread access to communications networks. Without clean drinking water, sewerage systems and regular solid waste disposal, cities are unhealthy places to live. Hence infrastructure is a priority sector for CDC: investments in infrastructure for Africa and South Asia (incl. equity and debt) make up approximately one third of CDC Group's portfolio, of which roughly a third is through direct equity investments.
CDC Group is looking to hire a PA to provide support to the Infra Equity team which sits within the Infrastructure and Climate Group. The successful candidate will join the team to provide comprehensive and efficient administrative support to the Director and Team Head, Directors, Managers and other team members. Work will include heavy support on diary and travel management, expenses, coordination and preparation of team meeting agendas, inbox management for the Team Head, and other administrative duties as required by the team. This PA will also work alongside the Infra Teams PA as well as other PA’s within CDCs wider business support team (BST) in addition to providing coverage. Due to the changing priorities of CDC and ambiguity around our business, the candidate needs to be resilient with the ability to be flexible, robust and support the fast-paced changes as required.
Responsibilities will be based on relative experiences and workloads and include the following:
- Act as a gate keeper for Team Heads time, ensure they are prepared for meetings with adequate time in the diary to review/prep.
- Provide a high standard of admin support to up to 3 Directors in the team, which includes extensive diary management, travel and expenses.
- Manage all internal and external meetings and calls in Microsoft Outlook to capture all time zones, prioritising and re-arranging where necessary.
- Ensure Team Head is sighted on urgent internal and external deal documentation with urgent deadline.
- Assist with organisation of contractual document signing and liaise with the Deal Teams and Legal department.
- Organise travel for team members which entails flight bookings, accommodation, visa processing, preparation of itineraries and liaising with overseas clients where appropriate, consistent with CDC’s travel policy.
- Coordinate and organise conferences for the team, including a large event that takes place each year (with virtual smaller events).
- Support the team in the coordination of shared, collaborative work alongside diary management and expenses.
- Support the teams in the organisation of larger meetings (virtual and physical) with external stakeholders.
- Extensive inbox management for Team Head, file and flag urgent emails.
- Other ad-hoc administrative duties as required, such as settle new starters, support their onboarding, update internal webpages and organising team social functions.
- Coordinate closely with the other Infra and Climate PA’s as well as those in the broader business support team (BST) and attend weekly Team PA meetings and monthly BST meetings.
Background, skills, aptitude
- Strong diary management experience.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Competent managing complex travel and visa processing for multiple geographies.
- Attention to detail including confidence with numerical data.
- A background of providing support to large teams and an ability to work across different teams in CDC
- Good communication skills and good level of written English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, MS TEAMS, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure and an understanding of the importance of prioritising work and seeking assistance from colleagues when necessary.
- Confident, proactive, cheerful and resourceful team-player both for immediate team and wider BST.
- Sensitive to the culture diversity within CDC and its investees/ investment geographies.
- Experience arranging and managing travel itineraries that may change at short notice.
- Experience in supporting senior management.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, TEAMS, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Proven ability to manage travel arrangements, scheduling and visa applications
- Proven ability to manage multiple diaries and to work proactively in prioritising and scheduling calls and meetings
- Familiarity with video conference technologies (Zoom/WebEx)
- Proven experience in managing and submitting expense claims, dealing with invoices and payment process
- Candidates should be strongly motivated by CDC’s development mission and ideally demonstrate some commitment to development or social goals through previous executive or non-executive activity.
Our cultural values
We look for team members who aspire, as we do, to work at our best and to be:
- Impact-led, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
Why might you take this job?
- You’re a proactive self-starter and enjoy how you perform your role.
- You are motivated by the opportunity to deliver real change in people’s lives (via the investments that CDC makes)
- You like working in a collaborative team where everyone pitches in to help when required.
- You’re always looking outwards for inspiration and are keen to bring new perspectives to your work.
- You’re energised by being highly organised and relied upon by management.
- You like variety and enjoy multi-tasking.
- You want to work for a purpose-driven, growing organisation.
Why might you not take this job?
- You like predictability in your daily routine and prefer a very structured working environment.
- You work better when the agenda and parameters set.
- You like to have your role responsibilities closely defined.
- You feel more comfortable within your own team environment than regularly having to meet and engage with colleagues in other departments or outside the organisation.
- Juggling a variety of different tasks, or having to shift priorities at short notice, depletes you of energy.
CDC is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or educational background.
Please provide a cover letter with your application