PA to Chief Investment Officer (CIO) + Team
- Our mission is to support the building of businesses throughout Africa and South Asia, to create jobs and make a lasting difference to people’s lives in some of the world’s poorest places.
- We aim to invest in countries where we can have the greatest impact. In countries where the private sector is weak and jobs are scarce.
- We invest in sectors where growth leads to jobs – both directly and indirectly. In sectors such as manufacturing, agribusiness, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education. Last year, the businesses we invest in created more than a million jobs.
- We are successful because we are a high quality investment organisation, using the best commercial skills and judgement to make investments in great companies and support them to grow over the long term. We therefore want to attract people with these skills but who are motivated to use them to dramatically improve the private sector in Africa and South Asia
- For further information, please visit our website cdcgroup.com
CDC Group is looking to hire an PA to support the CIO and his team and some of the Investment Committee (IC) process.
- Provide a high standard of admin support to the CIO and his team, which comprises of extensive diary management, travel and expenses. In addition, organise travel and expenses for other members of the team.
- Organising travel entails booking flights, accommodation, visas, currency, preparation of itineraries and liaising with overseas clients where appropriate, consistent with CDC’s travel policy, and processing of expense claims.
- Work together with the CEO, CFO and COO’s offices providing continuity and cover for the other assistants in the C suite.
- Fielding telephone calls and departmental emails as required, taking and relaying messages accurately, dealing with enquiries and redirecting calls where appropriate.
- Arranging internal and external meetings and calls with multiple participants, prioritising and re-arranging where necessary.
- Maintaining the CIO’s contact database and entering new contact information on a regular basis (eFront).
- Handling large documents.
- Supporting the team in the organisation of meetings with external and internal attendees.
- Be the cover for the coordination of IC process when the IC Administrator is away.
- Provide admin support on IC-related tasks.
- Other secretarial/administrative duties as required.
The successful candidate will also be expected to assist in the day-to-day running of the office more broadly, including:
- Answering the main switchboard when required.
- Greeting of visitors and making lunch arrangements for meetings.
- Arranging couriers and dealing with incoming and outgoing post.
- Accepting deliveries.
- Photocopying and other general duties.
CDC is a high profile company but with a relatively small number of employees. It is essential that the candidate is highly flexible, proactive, happy to work in a close-knit team and to get involved in all aspects of office activity.
- Strong office administration skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A background of providing support to large teams.
- Experience to provide support to senior management member (experience working within a C suite is ideal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail including confidence with numerical data.
- Good communication skills and good level of written English.
- Sensitivity to the cultures within which CDC operates.
- Diary Management experience
- Experience of arranging complex travel plans inc. visas and multiple destination trips
- Confident, proactive, cheerful and resourceful team player, not just for the CIO’s office, but also for the wider CDC PA/EA team.
- Ability to work under pressure and an understanding of the importance of prioritising work and seeking assistance from colleagues when necessary.
- Microsoft office 365 incl. Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to manage complex travel arrangements, scheduling and visa applications
- Ability to manage multiple diaries
- Ensuring the CDC travel policy is adhered to
- Processing expense claims