Associate, Loans Administration
- CDC is the UK’s development finance institution. Established in 1948 we invest in the most challenging markets of Africa and Asia with the aim of supporting economic development.
- CDC has net assets of £6.8bn and a portfolio of £5.2 billion. In 2020 we committed over £1.22 billion of capital to business in Africa and Asia and are now invested in 1,200 businesses which directly employ over 875,000 workers and support many more.
- CDC is a Public Limited Company and is wholly owned on behalf of the UK government by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
- In the last few years, we have expanded our presence in Africa and Asia by opening new offices in Bangladesh, Egypt, Kenya, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria and Pakistan with additional locations opening soon.
- At CDC, we take an entrepreneurial approach to investment. We think innovatively about ways to deploy our capital, attract and mobilise other investors, and drive transformational impact.
- Primarily, CDC invests through direct equity, direct debt and funds products to achieve impact and a financial return which is reinvested into more businesses. We aim to create jobs and accelerate economic prosperity and focus on sectors that will do this; manufacturing, food and agriculture, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education.
- CDC works with like-minded ambitious people who are primarily motivated by our mission to deliver impact. We are a growing team of over 485 and place immense value on diversity within our organisation.
- Read more about us on our website cdcgroup.com
Team and role overview
- The Loans Administration Team forms a key part of the wider, newly formed, Investment Operations function. This role will assist in the successful transfer of further existing Loans related functions from other CDC teams, Investment, Finance, Treasury, etc.
- CDC is regulated by the FCA as a MiFID exempt Venture Capital firm. It conducts business on its own account and does not hold third party capital.
CDC has recently decided to establish a distinct Investment Operations function. As such a broader effect of the decision is to review operational capacity and identify tasks and functions that are more appropriately segregated. This combined with an increase in the current deal volume has resulted in a need to expand the team dedicated to the administration of the direct debt and loan portfolio. The role will be reporting to the Head of Loans Administration and ultimately to the Head of Investment Operations.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and upkeep of the direct debt and loan portfolio (circa 90+ loans).
- Work with other 3rd party loan administrators in setting rates, interest dates, interest payments and accruals.
- Work with the internal legal team on loan documentation.
- Manage the investment funding process around loan investments.
- With the assistance of the Head of Loans Administration, further develop and evolve the necessary controls for the loan portfolio.
- Create and update a procedures manual for all direct debt processes.
- Be an adviser to the wider company on the loan and direct debt portfolio.
- Complete the necessary reporting on the direct debt and loan portfolio.
- Work with the wider CDC back office teams, Finance and Treasury on new initiatives and broader developments as required.
- Assist with the development of the loan portfolio activities and reporting capabilities in the Portfolio Management System – Efront.
- Assist with the continued implementation of the LIBOR transition activities in the Efront system.
Background, skills, aptitude
- In-depth knowledge of loan administration and management. Experience of emerging markets would be an advantage but not essential.
- Must have suitable experience gained within a Loans Administration function, gained within a buy, or sell side firm
- Experience of process review, design and implementation of best-in-class processes.
- Part-qualified accountant or additional qualification would be an advantage.
- Very strong systems skills and an analytical mind. Experience of EFront is preferable.
- Proactively identify and address issues.
- A flexible team player.
- The ability to take the initiative, to enjoy new challenges and see tasks through to completion.
- Candidates should be strongly motivated by CDC’s development mission and ideally demonstrate some commitment to development or social goals through previous executive or non-executive activity
Our cultural values
We look for team members who aspire, as we do, to work at our best and to be:
- Impact-led, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
CDC is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or educational background.
Please provide a cover letter with your application