Associate, Syndicated Loans Administrator
- CDC is the UK’s development finance institution. Founded 70 years ago, we invest in the most challenging markets of Africa and South Asia with the aim of supporting economic development. CDC has net assets of £5.1bn, with over 1300 growing businesses in the portfolio.
- Last year we committed over £1billion of capital across 50 transactions.
- CDC is wholly owned by the UK government, who has committed a further £3.5bn of capital for CDC to deploy over the next two to three years.
- We are expanding our presence in Africa and South Asia with further new offices openings in 2020.
- At CDC, we take an entrepreneurial approach to investment. We think innovatively about ways to deploy our capital, attract and mobilise other investors, and drive transformational impact.
- Primarily, CDC invests to achieve impact and a financial return which is reinvested into more businesses. We aim to create jobs and accelerate economic prosperity and focus on sectors that will do this; manufacturing, food and agriculture, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education.
- CDC works with like-minded ambitious people who are primarily motivated by our mission to deliver impact. We are a growing team of over 400 and place immense value on diversity within our organisation.
- Read more about us on our website cdcgroup.com
Team and role overview
- The Treasury team is responsible for the effective and efficient cash management of approximately £500 million spread over various currencies and countries. CDC invests through Direct Equity, Debt and Trade Finance as well as through 3rd Party Fund Managers and had an asset portfolio (as at Dec 2019) of £5.1bn and an annual target pace for new investments of £1.5bn.
- CDC is regulated by the FCA as a MiFID exempt Venture Capital firm. It conducts business on its own account and does not hold third party capital.
- The Treasury team facilitates the management of over £1.0bn of foreign exchange currency exposure and provides counsel on a growing portfolio of local currency loans.
- The Treasurer is responsible for maintaining relationships with a syndicate of banks to support our asset portfolio across South-East Asia and Africa as well as the $600m stand-by borrowing facility.
- CDC has recently expanded its operations and with the increase in deal volumes, there is a need to have a dedicated individual responsible for the administration of the direct debt and loan portfolio. The role will report to the Treasurer and will also have a dotted line to the Treasury and Finance Manager.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and upkeep of the direct debt and loan portfolio (circa 90+ loans).
- Work with other 3rd party loan administrators in setting rates, interest dates, interest payments and accruals.
- Work with the internal legal team on loan documentation.
- Manage the investment funding process around loan investments.
- With the assistance of the Treasury and Finance Manager develop the necessary treasury controls for the loan portfolio.
- Create and update a procedures manual for all direct debt processes.
- Be an adviser to the wider company on the loan and direct debt portfolio.
- Complete the necessary reporting on the direct debt and loan portfolio.
- Work with the wider finance team to assist in the processing of payments, banking requests and other various treasury related issues, as needed.
- Assist with the development of the loan portfolio activities and reporting capabilities in the Portfolio Management System – Efront.
- Assist with the implementation of the LIBOR transition activities in the Efront system.
Background, skills, aptitude
- In-depth knowledge of loan administration and management. Experience of emerging markets would be an advantage but not essential.
- Must have suitable experience in a Global Corporate Treasury function or in a financial institution’s Syndicated Loans department.
- Experience of process review, design and implementation of best-in-class processes.
- Part-qualified accountant or additional treasury qualification would be an advantage.
- Very strong systems skills and an analytical mind. Experience of EFront and Frameworks is preferable.
- Proactively identify and address issues.
- A flexible team player.
- The ability to take the initiative, to enjoy new challenges and see tasks through to completion.
- Candidates should be strongly motivated by CDC’s development mission and ideally demonstrate some commitment to development or social goals through previous executive or non-executive activity
Our cultural values
We look for team members who aspire, as we do, to work at our best and to be:
- Impact-led, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
CDC is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Please provide a cover letter with your application
Role opened: 24/07/2020
Role closes: 24/08/2020