IT Infrastructure and Service Operations Engineer
- CDC is the UK’s development finance institution. Founded 70 years ago, we invest in the most challenging markets of Africa and South Asia with the aim of supporting economic development. CDC has net assets of £5.1bn, with over 1300 growing businesses in the portfolio.
- Last year we committed over £1billion of capital across 50 transactions.
- CDC is wholly owned by the UK government, who has committed a further £3.5bn of capital for CDC to deploy over the next two to three years.
- We are expanding our presence in Africa and South Asia with further new offices openings in 2019.
- At CDC, we take an entrepreneurial approach to investment. We think innovatively about ways to deploy our capital, attract and mobilise other investors, and drive transformational impact.
- Primarily, CDC invests to achieve impact and a financial return which is reinvested into more businesses. We aim to create jobs and accelerate economic prosperity and focus on sectors that will do this; manufacturing, food and agriculture, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education.
- CDC works with like-minded ambitious people who are primarily motivated by our mission to deliver impact. We are a growing team of over 380 and place immense value on diversity within our organisation.
- Read more about us on our website cdcgroup.com
The successful candidate will have solid experience in information technology, systems management, project and service management, and ideally come from a background in financial services.
As we continue to expand our presence in the countries and regions where we operate, we are seeking an experienced IT infrastructure and Service operations engineer to support the end to end delivery of IT services to the CDC business.
The successful candidate will have solid technical infrastructure experience, strong project management acumen and excellent vendor management skills, in addition to a superior, service-oriented approach to infrastructure and service operations.
Working alongside the Information Systems Services Exec, you will be primarily responsible for the operational and service management processes that support the day-to-day running of the business. You will also help support and oversee the smooth and effective service transition of new services into BAU operations, and the ongoing digital transformation of the business.
We are a growing team with a number of interesting and diverse projects underway, so this is an exciting opportunity for someone with the depth and breadth of technical, supply chain and customer facing skills to make a significant impact on the business.
- To oversee the smooth and effective day-to-day operations of the CDC IT infrastructure and systems.
- To manage and support relevant IT projects and work alongside wider team and supply chain partners to affect lasting change.
- Establish and utilise strong relationship management competencies, whilst collaborating with multiple suppliers to facilitate effective issue resolution.
- Drive continuous service and performance improvement.
- Conduct regular system health, security checks, and recovery tests.
- Manage requests and service desk escalations.
- To facilitate user training on various aspects of CDC’s information systems.
- To develop and maintain accurate up to date records and documentation of all CDC systems.
- To deliver and mentor CDC and service providers staff in delivering a high-quality service.
- Develop new operational processes to support the day-to-day business operations.
- Develop and maintain an effective service and communication strategy for all remote CDC sites
- Incident management, coordination and communication
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for this role, as such, other additional duties may be required to be performed.
Occasional out of hours work and travel outside of the UK may be required.
- Solid hands-on IT infrastructure and operations experience.
- Previous experience of working across multiple regions and locations.
- Highly analytical in problem solving with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking, always seeking solutions and breaking down barriers to improve the user experience and drive technology adoption.
- Strong communication skills – highly skilled in facilitation and active listening; easily conveys complex technical language and ideas with non-technical audience.
- Demonstrable BAU and project management experience and record of accomplishment in delivering technology led projects.
- A pragmatic and balanced approach always seeking to improve services to users through a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and think clearly in challenging situations.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Good knowledge of risk management and information security principles.
- Highly organised, methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrable knowledge of technologies including Microsoft, infrastructure and networks, server virtualisation and storage, cloud infrastructure, information security, telecommunications and videoconferencing, and a good understanding of additional software programmes and technologies relevant to technical infrastructure environments.
- Excellent knowledge of a Microsoft based IS environment, Office 365, SQL, Hyper-V, Azure, SCCM, Intune MDM, and SharePoint.
- Good understanding and knowledge of enterprise and network architecture, good knowledge of CISCO networks
- Good knowledge of information security principles, IS risk management, firewalls, and grounding in ISO 27001 around confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Hands on knowledge and experience with CISCO Webex and Avaya telephony
- Hands-on advanced Microsoft Office and particularly Excel skills and experience of working with SQL Server Management Studio to perform SQL management tasks and monitoring.
- Demonstrable knowledge of service management and ITIL processes.
- BCP and DR document preparation and testing.
- Relevant technical and academic qualification an advantage e.g. relevant Microsoft MCP exams, Cisco qualifications, ITIL qualifications, ISMS training, Computer Studies.
Please provide a cover letter with your application
Role opened: 31/05/2019
Role closes: 30/06/2019