Team PA, Intermediated Equity (Africa and Asia Funds)
- Our mission is to support the building of businesses throughout Africa and South Asia, to create jobs and make a lasting difference to people’s lives in some of the world’s poorest places.
- We aim to invest in countries where we can have the greatest impact. In countries where the private sector is weak and jobs are scarce.
- We invest in sectors where growth leads to jobs – both directly and indirectly. In sectors such as manufacturing, agribusiness, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education. Last year, the businesses we invest in created more than a million jobs.
- We are successful because we are a high quality investment organisation, using the best commercial skills and judgement to make investments in great companies and support them to grow over the long term. We therefore want to attract people with these skills but who are motivated to use them to dramatically improve the private sector in Africa and South Asia
- For further information, please visit our website cdcgroup.com
- CDC Group is looking to hire an additional Team PA for the Intermediated Equity Team (Africa and Asia Funds).
- The successful candidate will work closely with the current PAs in the provision of comprehensive and efficient administrative support to a group of team members on the day to day organisation of the team, travel and diary management, data management, coordination and preparation of team meeting agendas and other administrative duties. CDC has three personal development reviews a year for all its staff.
- Provide a high standard of secretarial support within the Team.
- Entering and saving of data in a structured manner (e.g. travel costs for budget purposes, travel itineraries).
- Co-ordinate travel arrangements for the team consistent with CDC’s travel policy; this includes booking flights (using an on-line booking tool where possible), accommodation, preparation of documents for visa applications compiling of travel itineraries including liaising with overseas clients where appropriate, and processing of expense claims.
- Follow CDC’s Travel Risk guidelines for travellers.
- Fielding telephone calls and departmental emails as required, taking and relaying messages accurately, dealing with enquiries and redirecting calls where appropriate.
- Arranging internal and external meetings and calls with multiple participants, taking into account international time zones, prioritising and re-arranging where necessary.
- Maintaining the Team’s internal contacts database and entering new contact information on a regular basis.
- Assist in the co-ordination of material for portfolio monitoring meetings.
- Other secretarial / administrative duties as required.
- Processing expense claims.
CDC is committed to personal and professional development. Successful employees have an opportunity to gain additional responsibility based on demonstrated proficiency.
The successful candidate will also be expected to assist in the day-to-day running of the office more broadly, including:
- Answering the main switchboard and covering Reception if required.
- Arranging couriers and dealing with incoming and out-going post.
- Photocopying and other general duties.
- Covering for other team PAs in their absence and in times of high workload.
CDC is a high profile company but with a relatively small number of employees. It is essential that the candidate is highly flexible, proactive, happy to work in a close-knit team and to get involved in all aspects of office activity.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Experience of providing support to a team of Executives and willingness to adapt to team needs that change quickly.
- Good communication skills and good level of written English.
- Sensitivity to the cultures and identities within which CDC operates.
- Diary management experience and comprehensive experience of arranging detailed and complex travel plans (and are compliant with CDC Travel Policy).
- Confident, proactive, cheerful and resourceful team-player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discreteness
- Ability to work under pressure and an understanding of the importance of prioritising work and seeking assistance from colleagues when necessary.
- Collaboration with own team and the larger employee community
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage complex travel arrangements and scheduling.
- Ability to manage multiple diaries.
- Preparation of correspondence, reports, presentations and other documents to a high standard
- We look for candidates who share our culture and reflect our identity, the CDC identities are described as follows:
- Compassion is central to everything we do
- We owe our clients and prospective clients a fast and thoughtful process
- We accept the tough challenges inherent in our mission
- We are quick and non-defensive when things go wrong
- We oppose bureaucracy
- We never forget that we are investing and spending tax payers’ money
- We promote a fulfilling work environment