eFront Specialist Executive
- CDC is the UK’s development finance institution. Founded 70 years ago, we invest in the most challenging markets of Africa and South Asia with the aim of supporting economic development. CDC has net assets of £5.1bn, with over 1300 growing businesses in the portfolio.
- Last year we committed over £1billion of capital across 50 transactions.
- CDC is wholly owned by the UK government, who has committed a further £3.5bn of capital for CDC to deploy over the next two to three years.
- We are expanding our presence in Africa and South Asia with further new offices openings in 2020.
- At CDC, we take an entrepreneurial approach to investment. We think innovatively about ways to deploy our capital, attract and mobilise other investors, and drive transformational impact.
- Primarily, CDC invests to achieve impact and a financial return which is reinvested into more businesses. We aim to create jobs and accelerate economic prosperity and focus on sectors that will do this; manufacturing, food and agriculture, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education.
- CDC works with like-minded ambitious people who are primarily motivated by our mission to deliver impact. We are a growing team of over 400 and place immense value on diversity within our organisation.
- Read more about us on our website cdcgroup.com
Team and role overview
- CDC is looking for an experienced eFront consultant and report developer to join its established business.
- You will initially be working as an integral part of the implementation project team delivering a group-wide portfolio management and monitoring system over the next 3-6 months.
- As the final phase of the project is delivered, the role will take on additional responsibility building out additional functionality and reporting capabilities and insight across eFront, FontInvest and FrontPM.
- The successful candidate will have solid experience in analysing requirements, designing a solution in eFront, and developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions and reports, ideally with a background in private equity/alternative investments and fund accounting.
- You will use your solid experience in the PE/Alternatives market to leverage the investment CDC have made into eFront and seek to get the most from it to support our direct and fund investment and operations teams.
- Ongoing responsibilities will include regular analysis, development and enhancements to the system and reporting suite.
Initial role – full-time project based, reducing over 3-6 months
To work as a member of the project implementation team:
- Assist project team with various tasks including:
- Develop new reports and dashboards and data extracts
- Ensure quality of developed reports by performing functional and non-functional testing
- Perform data analysis and data validation to ensure accurate reporting results
- Build and support Excel reports including use of eFront Excel plug-ins
- Support data migration and reconciliation efforts.
Target role – building over 3-12 months
To work as a member of the Technology department, with the following main responsibilities:
- Liaise with investment and operations teams to identify areas where eFront could benefit their work and improve processes, workflows, and information insights
- Analyse new requirements and design eFront solutions through configuration and customisation
- Work with team members to build and develop new functionality and processes
- To help analyse, specify, and deliver additional reports, data extracts, queries and dashboards
- To help manage and maintain a report catalogue
- To modify and update existing reports as necessary
- To support, analyse and resolve any systems and reporting related issues communicated by the users
- The role includes accountability for one direct report
- Day to day interaction with project teams, Finance, IT, Investment Management, and other stakeholder teams including software vendors and external consultants.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Travel to existing or prospective company offices outside the UK may be required.
- Must have extensive experience with eFront configuration and reporting tools including formal reports, dashboards and Excel reports and data. Ideally gained in a Private Equity (PE) / Alternative Markets environment.
- Experience with FrontInvest and FrontPM
- Experience of private equity direct, loan, and fund transactions and reporting requirements would be highly advantageous.
- Previous experience of working on large, complex reporting, data migration, data reconciliation and data cleansing projects.
- Systems implementation experience with financial/banking software; ideally covering portfolio management and accounting.
- Solid team leadership qualities and management experience.
- DBA and ETL skills.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience of working with private equity specific software solutions specifically eFront.
- FrontScript, SQL, SSRS, and other DBMS and reporting tool skills.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft technology stack
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to promote effective liaison with other departments and team; be approachable to assist and provide guidance to users.
- Results focus and drive to achieve objectives/results and to meet agreed deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Educated to “A” level or equivalent. Graduate preferred.
Our cultural values
We look for team members who aspire, as we do, to work at our best and to be:
- Impact-led, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
CDC is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Please provide a cover letter with your application
Role opened: 27 July 2020
Role closes: 26 August 2020