Team PA, Equity Investments
- Our mission is to support the building of businesses throughout Africa and South Asia, to create jobs and make a lasting difference to people’s lives in some of the world’s poorest places.
- We aim to invest in countries where we can have the greatest impact. In countries where the private sector is weak and jobs are scarce.
- We invest in sectors where growth leads to jobs – both directly and indirectly. In sectors such as manufacturing, agribusiness, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education. Last year, the businesses we invest in created more than a million jobs.
- We are successful because we are a high quality investment organisation, using the best commercial skills and judgement to make investments in great companies and support them to grow over the long term. We therefore want to attract people with these skills but who are motivated to use them to dramatically improve the private sector in Africa and South Asia
- For further information, please visit our website cdcgroup.com
- CDC Group is looking to hire an additional Team PA for the Consumers Businesses Team, Equity Investments team.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the current PAs in the provision of comprehensive and efficient administrative support to the Team with complex travel arrangements and diary management, as well as other administrative duties.
- Document Management: Electronically filing various incoming reports and documents from Stakeholders for the Equity Team.
- E-Front: Making edits to the company content management system relating to the relevant portfolios, including but not limited to updating the weekly pipeline.
- Co-ordinating complex travel arrangements for the Team, including booking flights, accommodation, visas, taxis, preparation of itineraries and liaising with overseas clients where appropriate, in line with company travel policy
- Processing expense claims in line with company expense policy
- Fielding telephone calls, taking and relaying messages accurately, dealing with enquiries and redirecting calls where appropriate.
- Arranging internal and external meetings (including conference calls, video conferences, business skype videos) with multiple participants across multiple time zones, prioritising and re-arranging where necessary.
- Checking department emails as required.
- Ensuring internal database is kept up-to-date and that new contact information is uploaded on a regular basis.
- Preparation of correspondence, reports, presentations and other documents.
- Collation of briefing papers for meetings.
- Ensuring the CDC travel and expense policy is adhered to.
- Other administrative duties as required.
Team PAs are also expected to assist in the day-to-day running of the office, including:
- Answering the main switchboard and covering Reception when required.
- Greeting of visitors and arranging refreshments for meetings.
- Arranging couriers.
- Dealing with incoming and out-going post.
- Accepting deliveries.
- Photocopying, sending and receiving of faxes and other general duties.
- Covering for other team PAs in their absence and in times of high workload, including for the EA to CEO.
Responsibilities and reporting lines:
- Reporting to the London-based (Global) Travel Executive, support and promote CDC’s Travel and Expense Policy to drive staff compliance and cost savings.
- Manage the relationship with the Travel Management Company locally and liaise with the Travel Executive to ensure the strategic roadmap/business plan is applied at a local level.
- Work in collaboration with the local Travel Management Company to support local hotel relationships and ground transportation requirements.
- Travel risk management
- Reporting to the London-based (Global) Travel Executive, support the application of the Travel Risk Management Policy, system and protocols.
- Support travellers with risk mitigation and the organisation of difficult travel plans in adherence to CDC’s Travel Risk Management Policy and preferred supplier network.
- Reporting to the London-based Facilities & Operations Executive, undertake all Facilities tasks to ensure the office is safe and secure for staff, and the premises, facilities and equipment are in good working order. This includes:
- Maintenance of Health & Safety, First Aid, and Fire compliance documents and records, audits and risk assessments. Assistance with the maintenance of policies and procedures documentation.
- Maintaining positive relationships with the Landlord, contractors and suppliers. Management of contractors and suppliers including cleaning, building maintenance and IT outsource partners, to ensure service level agreements are met.
- Assist with the project management of new office space, from acquisition to completion.
- Assist with competitive tendering processes – follow process to get multiple quotes and best value for CDC.
- Ensure purchasing and contracting policies are followed and any contracts are duly checked by London Legal and Business Services departments.
- Reporting to the London-based Information Systems Services Executive (ISSE) to support the IT service provision:
- Assist with managing and monitoring the contracts with the IT outsourced partners, providing feedback and escalating issues to the Information Systems Services Executive as appropriate.
- Assist with IT related tasks in the acquisition of new office space
- Support new joiners to become familiar with CDC’s IT systems and policies (to be the champion for IT services in Bangalore).
- To provide feedback on the user experience of the various IT and communications systems.
- To assist with investigating problems and faults under the instructions of the ISSE or IT helpdesk (EACS).
It is essential that the candidate is resilient, highly flexible, happy to work in a close-knit team, can demonstrate a capacity to think outside of the box, use their initiative and get involved in all aspects of office activity. The candidate must have strong experience in simillar roles and have strong interpersonal skills. Team player and well organised essential. Desirable experience in arranging complex travel in South Asia and Africa. Preferably with financial or private equity background.
- Strong office administration of at least three years.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A background providing support to a growing team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills and good level of written English.
- Sensitivity to the cultures within which CDC operates.
- Diary Management exposure.
- Comprehensive experience of arranging detailed and complex travel plans.
- Confident, cheerful and resourceful team-player, not just for Equity Team, but also the wider PA team.
- Ability to work under pressure and an understanding of the importance of prioritising work and seeking assistance from colleagues when necessary.
- Assertive and confident personality
Communication: High standard of written/verbal communication
Team Working: Collaboration with own team and the larger employee community
Results Focus: Drive to achieve objectives/results
Personal Effectiveness: Organising self & others to meet agreed deadlines
Resilience: Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to manage complex travel arrangements and scheduling
- Ability to manage multiple diaries
- Ensuring the CDC travel policy is adhered to
- Preparation of correspondence, reports, presentations and other documents Processing expense claims
- We look for candidates who share our culture and reflect our identity, the CDC identities are described as follows:
- Compassion is central to everything we do
- We owe our clients and prospective clients a fast and thoughtful process
- We accept the tough challenges inherent in our mission
- We are quick and non-defensive when things go wrong
- We oppose bureaucracy
- We never forget that we are investing and spending tax payers’ money
- We promote a fulfilling work environment