IT Support Technician Lead
We’re a thriving team passionate about working together to deliver excellence, all in a natural forest environment.
Join the UK’s number one short break destination. We are proud to have more than 7,000 team members across five Center Parcs Villages and Head Office, working to create memorable experiences for families in beautiful forest locations.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
- Annual profit share/management bonus
- Staff Reward Scheme
- Free use of leisure facilities
- Discounted Center Parcs breaks
- 20% discount in restaurant and retail outlets
ABOUT THE ROLE
The IT Support Technician Lead is required to work with the IT Support Technicians to provide excellent IT service delivery to the village, our guests as well as the Front of House and Back of House teams. To provide an effective IT interface between Head Office, our guests and our village. To ensure all IT related issues and policies are addressed in a timely, professional manner through appropriate channels.
- Maintain a balanced view of IT faults whilst ensuring the priorities are assessed and addressed in a timely manner.
- Manage the performance of the on-site IT Technicians on a day-to-day basis ensuring high engagement, high performance and a customer first culture.
- Drive the village IT teams to deliver performance against quality and SLA’s.
- Manage the workload through priority, impact and available resource. Ensure the support rota is managed to include 7 day shift patterns and out of hours support. Escalate any support calls through the system and communicate outages, impact and timescales across the village.
- Develop the village IT team through mentoring and coaching, set SMART objectives for the team and ensure reviews are completed in a timely and effective manner to maximise potential from the IT Technicians, promoting a first resolution attitude.
- Provide high level support to our Guests and Business in regard to the Wi-Fi infrastructure, assisting with connectivity issues for both guests and FoH, interfacing with the Wi-Fi vendor to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Responsible for Hardware provisioning, building desktops and laptops to Center Parcs build standards using LANdesk. Configuring Center Parcs standard business offering of smartphones. Efficient and friendly desk-side installations of hardware.
- Ensure all software is deployed using LANDesk provided scripts whilst following Center Parcs processes and policies.
You will be required to participate in the IT Service Delivery support rota, providing out of hours cover and support to HO and the villages.
HOURS OF WORK
You will be contracted to work 160 hours per 4 week period. This means that your hours and days of work could vary each week, but you will always receive at least your contracted hours each period.
As our Village is open 365 days of the year, your working hours may include weekends, public / bank holidays and during Christmas and/or New Year on a rota basis.
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to communicate well with a wide audience and influence stakeholders
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- 3-5 years’ proven strong performance in a 2nd line IT support environment
- 3-5 years’ experience of managing a team
- Extensive troubleshooting ability
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of PC’s, PC Applications, EPOS Handhelds, Infrastructure Wifi
- Experience of project management
- Industry recognised Service Desk Support or Microsoft qualification
- Experience of identifying and implementing technology solutions
Closing date: 23 October 2018 at 12 Noon
1st Interviews to be held: 31 October 2018
Please note this vacancy may close at any time once sufficient applications have been received. Early submission of your application is therefore encouraged.