Based at our Head Office in Taunton, you will be responsible for the day to day management of the monthly payroll.
What do you get?
- We pay 6 weeks annual leave
- We have an employee health benefit scheme- covering you and your young family with dentist and optician costs plus more.
- NOW pension scheme
- Covid19 vaccine priority
- Access to Blue Light Discount card- vouchers for major retailers and entertainment
- DBS funded by Cream
- Refer a friend bonus
- Staff Awards and Celebrations
- Support provided to all employees with open access to senior managers and Directors
You will ensure the accurate processing and administration of the payroll for approximately 350 employees who work on a 365-day, 24-hour shift basis, on a variety of flexible hourly based contracts.
Analysing and extracting data captured from our clocking in system, Access, to produce payroll reports to be processed by our external payroll bureau.
You will have great attention to detail and outstanding analytical and numerical skills
You will take a proactive stance in supporting the organisation to develop and improve our internal payroll systems, as the organisation grows and diversifies into Supported Living.
- To coordinate and process the payroll for approximately 350 employees over 6 companies from our HR clocking in system, Access
- Updating payroll information for all new starters, promotions, change of contract, inter organisation transfers, and end of employment
- Calculating payroll deductions and statutory payments, ensuring full compliance with company policies, employment contracts, tax and deduction laws
- Collation of all payroll documents for processing by our external payroll provider
- Preparing and submitting payroll reports to our external payroll provider
- Co-ordinating the company’s pension auto-enrolment obligation
- HMRC submission
- Preparing payroll reports for management and auditing purposes
- Monitoring payroll emails
- Managing and resolving issues regarding payroll
- Preparation of structured detail to support amendments to pay adjustment
- Coordinating with HR and the accounts team to verify employee data and changes affecting payroll (e.g. terminations, new starters).
- Communicating with employees regarding payroll queries and resolutions either in person, over the phone or via email.
- Liaise with local authorities on audits, funding or requests
- Liaise with company accountants and bank managers when requested to do so
- Attend any courses which relating to finance and employment legislation
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Managing Director and Financial Controller.
- At least two years’ proven work experience in payroll administration and processing including working knowledge of pension auto enrolments
- Proficient in Microsoft office especially Excel, payroll systems and HR systems
- Knowledge of computer-based accounting systems including SAGE
- Experience of VAT
- Good working knowledge of accounting practices and tax laws
- Communicating resolutions to pay queries face to face, verbally and via email
£12.00 Per Hour
Hours Flexible and Negotiable