Is your core value Kindness?
Would you like to make a difference to someone's life?
Would you like to work in a rewarding environment?
Cream Care are Currently recruiting Team Leaders to join our team.
To support and work closely with the management team in developing and maintaining the provision and promotion of a safe, nurturing, proactive and empowering environment, which enables residents to feel cared for and valued; this is to be achieved through using, developing and supporting high standards of care practice. You will be using and developing care planning which is person centred, achievable and appropriate to each of the resident’s needs, aspirations and desires.
- Outgoing personality
- Good sense of humour
- To communicate and listen and relay correct information
- To be able to work as part of a team and also use own initiative when lone working
- Your primary responsibility is to assist and provide guidance in delivering a high standard of care to the Homes residents; promoting each person’s dignity and individual needs at all times.
- To ensure person centred care plans are established, renewed, maintained and implemented for all residents.
- To plan the daily management of the home and to support and guide the team in implementing their duties and responsibilities.
- To assist with the full induction of new staff, to be completed in six weeks of their start date.
- To administer, order and receive either daily or monthly medication in line with the medication procedure. To ensure that all storage of medication is correct and documentation is in place ready for audit inspection.
- To maintain effective communication with residents and their representatives and involve them in all decisions about their care. To build a rapport and actively be involved with resident’s family and friends and any outside community contracts.
- Carry out shift start and end “handover” where you will be required to keep all lines of communication up to date, and as informative as possible, while at the same time respecting the resident’s privacy, dignity and confidentiality.
- To allocate staff throughout the day to ensure that the workload is shared equally and fairly among the staff and take an active role in ensuring that all care staff work together as a team.
- To complete supervisions as required and able to identify any training needs, and able to raise issues with care staff if their performance is not up to standard in a calm professional manner.
- Be responsible in managing personal allowances and the homes petty cash and that the relevant paperwork is completed.
- To liaise with the CQC and comply where appropriate with such requirements.
- To ensure fire drills and fire testing are carried out and recorded.
- To attend meetings of the home management team.
- To be responsible for ensuring that appropriate records are maintained for each resident.
- To ensure that the residents needs are fully met within the company’s Equal opportunities policy.
- To work with other professional colleagues to ensure the residents best interests are identified and care plans established to meet them.
- Supporting residents in managing all aspects of their personal care- assist with pressure areas, skin, teeth, mouth, hair, nails, dressing and undressing and attending to their personal hygiene requirements. Collecting specimens.
- To treat individuals with respect and encourage them to express their individuality.
- To be flexible and responsive at all times to meet the changing needs of the residents.
- Assist residents with physical activity, walking, sitting, hydrotherapy physio routines and position and movement of immobile residents in accordance with their person-centred plan and the manual handling policy.
- Assist residents to eat and drink and to prepare meals whilst being aware of nutritional needs and cultural requirements.
- Keep accurate records of fluid and food intake and report any unexpected inability or desire to eat or drink.
- Report immediately to line manager any changes to a resident’s condition.
- To act as a positive role model at all times.
- To be actively involved in the assessment of prospective residents. To write assessment reports on residents needs resulting from visits. To match the homes resources to resident’s needs.
- To undertake a keyworker role and responsibilities.
- Assist in identifying, supporting, and meeting the social and recreational needs of residents: swimming, theatre, horse riding, rebound therapy, creativity, walks, meals and evening events. The list is not exhaustive.
- Also you will be required to support residents in achieving pursuits such as holidays, overnight trips away from the homes environment and visits to family and friends.
- You will support the management by attending reviews and liaise with relatives and professionals.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- To be conversant with all resident’s care plans and risk assessments and support the home in reviewing, updating and implementing changes to the documents.
- General housekeeping duties, maintaining the home and residents personal rooms to a high standard of cleanliness. To ensure laundry and the ironing of clothes. Vacuuming / mopping of communal areas, dining room, lounge, laundry room.
- To carry out responsibilities under Health and safety Act 1974
- Adhere to all the organisational and homes policies and procedures.
- To complete all relevant paper work in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Enter actively in to supervision and appraisals.
- To behave in a manner that reflects positively on the company at all times.
- Adhere to the GSCC Codes of Practice.
- You will be required to work flexibly on a rota basis to meet the needs of the service, this includes sleep-ins, weekends, and Bank holidays.
- To work in accordance with the company’s mobile phone and IT policies.
- Ensure the care Director and Support Manager is fully informed about the day to day running of the home and specific needs and difficulties.
NEW RATE OF PAY - £11.04 PER HOUR
NEW RATE OF PAY - £11.04 PER HOUR