Day Support Worker
Day care Support worker (Relief and Full time/part time contracted hrs available)
Is your core value kindness?
Do you want to join an ‘Outstanding’ CQC rated service?
We want people who care and bring their creativity and excellence to our homes. Help us to be better than great.
What do you get?
- We offer Flexibility with shift pattern and hours
- We pay 6 weeks annual leave plus we pay double pay for bank holidays.
- Probationary period where you will be assigned a mentor.
- Full induction training and opportunity to complete Care Certificate in work time.
- Support to complete Diploma in Health & Social care- to level 5 -fully funded and supported by training manager.
- Enhanced training opportunities for all plus those wishing to progress in the Company.
- Career pathway in health and social care
- We have an employee health benefit scheme- covering you and your young family with dentist and optician costs plus more.
- NOW pension scheme
- Meals and refreshments as part of working day in paid hours- every minute is a minute paid.
- Covid19 vaccine priority
- Access to Blue Light Discount card- vouchers for major retailers and entertainment
- DBS funded by Cream
- Refer a friend bonus
- Staff Awards and Celebrations
- Support provided to all employees with open access to senior managers and Directors
All staff are valued and are what makes Cream a great place to work and live, we share a superb reputation within the care community and are sought after by families with vulnerable children. We aim to be the very best we can be and need you to help us deliver beautiful care.
Creams core value is kindness, we provide person centred care and active support in beautiful homes with Good and Outstanding CQC ratings.
We work closely with families to ensure what we provide is in the persons best interests and we use a Team approach to develop the best care setting.
We support people with profound and multiple learning disability, physical disability and high levels of vulnerability who often have additional complex health care needs. Our teams develop high level skills and are trained to provide exemplary support to enable fulfilling lives and to manage peoples postural and health care needs.
FRIENDLY Then this may be the job for you.
The Day Support care Worker Role:
- Your main responsibility is to assist in the delivery of a high standard of care , keeping people safe and always managing peoples dignity and respecting everyone’s rights to be treated fairly and with respect.
- You will be providing full personal care for young adults with severe and profound disability.
- You will be responsive to each person needs and ensure their individual needs are met in full
- You will support people adhering to each person’s care plan and risk assessments, ensuring comfort and safety at all times
- You will fully record all interventions and note any concerns or changes in need, mood, physical wellbeing and report these to managers
- You will support people to communicate their needs using their chosen means of communication including: Eye gaze, eye pointing, abridged signing, symbols, photos, sounds, gestures, words and use their communication passports to help.
- You will support people to eat and drink as and when thirsty or hungry, according to their personal eating and drinking guidelines.
- You will adhere to health & safety Act 1974 and GSCC Codes of Practice
- You will follow all company policies and procedures
- You will receive supervision and appraisals and attend staff meetings
- You will attend courses to enhance skills and provide knowledge through Cream.
- You will be a valued member of a supportive and dynamic team.
Hourly Rate post probation £9.40 (probation paid at £9.00 ph). Plus benefits. Progression opportunities at increased rates:
NEW RATES OF PAY £9.00 - £9.40 Per Hour
Various hours available including Twilights