Day Support Worker
Is your core value Kindness?
Would you like to make a difference to someone's life?
Would you like to work in a rewarding environment?
Cream Care are Currently recruiting Day Support Workers to join our team.
At Cream Care we offer:
- Opportunity to develop a career in care.
- The chance to be part of a team
- 6 weeks holiday and to be paid double time for shifts that begin on a bank holiday
- An increase in salary once 6-month probation is successfully passed
- A good employee health benefit scheme
- Opportunity to enrol onto an NVQ
- Refer a friend scheme
- Alternate weekends off
Cream’s core value is kindness, providing person centred care and a beautiful home for people, working closely with them and their family to ensure development of positive relationships. The organisation has 5 homes in Taunton and 1 home in Torquay. We support people with learning disabilities and complex physical health needs
- To communicate and listen and relay correct information
- To be able to work as part of a team
Your main responsibility is to assist in the delivery of a high standard of care to the individual residents in the home; promoting each person’s dignity and their human and civil rights at all times.
- Supporting residents in managing all aspects of their personal care- assist with pressure areas, skin, teeth, mouth, hair, nails, dressing and undressing and attending to their personal hygiene requirements.
- To treat individuals with respect and encourage them to express their individuality.
- To be flexible and responsive at all times to meet the changing needs of the residents
- Assist residents with physical activity, walking, sitting, hydrotherapy physio routines and position and movement of immobile residents in accordance with their person centred plan and the manual handling policy.
- Assist residents to eat and drink and to prepare meals whilst being aware of nutritional needs and cultural requirements.
- Keep accurate records of fluid and food intake and report any unexpected inability or desire to eat or drink.
- Report immediately to line manager any changes to a resident’s condition
- To act as a positive role model at all times
- Administer medication in line with medication policy and the individuals care plan
- To carry out responsibilities under Health and safety Act 1974
- Report immediately to your line manager any maintenance or repairs.
- Adhere to all the organisational and homes policies and procedures.
- To complete all relevant paper work in accordance with company policy and procedure
- Enter actively in to supervision and appraisals
- To behave in a manner that reflects positively on the company at all times
- Adhere to the GSCC Codes of Practice
- Attend training courses to enhance your skills, including, all mandatory training
£8.72 - £9.02 Per Hour
Various hours available including Twilights