Lead cook (Full Time)
Lead Cook - Full Time
To support the catering team as & when required
£12.50 Per Hour
Is your core value Kindness?
Would you like to make a difference to someone's life?
Would you like to work in a rewarding environment?
Cream Care are Currently recruiting for a full time Lead Cook to join our team.
At Cream Care we offer:
- The chance to be part of a team
- 6 weeks holiday and to be paid double time for shifts that begin on a bank holiday
- A good employee health benefit scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Meals provided on shift
- Some weekend working
Cream’s core value is kindness, providing person centred care and a beautiful home for people, working closely with them and their family to ensure development of positive relationships. The organisation has 5 homes in Taunton and 1 home in Torquay. We support people with learning disabilities and complex physical health needs
To Whom Responsible:
- Home Manager
- Deputy Manager
- Prepare menus offering a wholesome appealing, balanced and nutritious diet, after consultation with residents, care staff and families.
- Consider individual needs ensuring food preparation reflects not only the care plan but upmost the dietary and cultural needs of the residents.
- Regularly review menus to provide a variety of choice.
Food purchasing and supplies:
- Identify suppliers in order to maintain an adequate supply of fresh wholesome produce
- Inspect food upon arrival and arrange for safe storage in line with Environmental Health, Food Hygiene and general Health and safety requirements
- Identifies and monitors “use by” dates
- Keeps and maintains adequate, complete and accurate records of all food purchased and consumed, monitors usage to deter pilfering.
Management of Kitchen:
- Ensure food is prepared and served in a consistent, appropriate manner in line with the standards expected.
- Ensures that food is cooked, and served at the right temperature and has been prepared to meet the needs and requirements of individual residents.
- Maintains an efficient and flexible food service ensuring hot and cold drinks and snacks are available at all times and offered regularly.
Health and safety and Quality Control:
- Maintains a clean cooking and food preparation environment at all times.
- Ensure all staff is familiar with hazards within the kitchen, appropriate risk assessments have been undertaken, and safe methods of working communicated and introduced to all.
- Regularly review the storage and condition of food and provisions, the cleanliness of the environment, personal hygiene/ protective clothing etc in order to minimise/ eliminate the possibility of infection and disease.
- Participates, or leads, as directed all activities related to quality improvement in menu planning, food preparation and delivery.
- Observe food hygiene regulations to Assured safe catering standards (we use safer food better business methodology).
- Observe and record all minimum temperature and food hygiene regulations during cooking, reheating and chilling and Fridge/ freezer temperatures.
Key personal responsibilities:
- Carrying out duties at all times in a manner which has appropriate regard to health, safety and welfare of both themselves and others and reports any equipment that is, or is thought to be, not in good working order.
- To monitor and ensure that food preparation and delivery is undertaken within a clean and safe environment at all times
- Being conversant with and follow key home policies e.g. Health and Safety, COSHH, Food Hygiene.
The successful candidate for this important job will have the following qualities.
- Catering qualifications & experience essential
- An adaptable person with a mature, approach whatever the person’s age.
- You must enjoy cooking and be able to cook and prepare food to a high standard
- You need to be someone who enjoys working with adults with learning disabilities and can have an empathy with them
- To be well organised and practical
- You need to be able to work as part of a team and be willing to take on any task, with in your capabilities, to provide an excellent service to our residents.