Support Worker (Twilight Hours)
We are looking to employ someone to support the home in the evening between the hours of 7pm and 11pm but these twilight hours are flexible.
Number of evenings per week are flexible.
Is your core value Kindness?
Would you like to make a difference to someone's life?
Would you like to work in a rewarding environment?
Cream Care are Currently recruiting Day Support Workers to join our team.
At Cream Care we offer:
- Opportunity to develop a career in care.
- The chance to be part of a team
- 6 weeks holiday and to be paid double time for shifts that begin on a bank holiday
- An increase in salary once 6-month probation is successfully passed
- A good employee health benefit scheme
- Opportunity to enrol onto an NVQ
- Refer a friend scheme £100
- Alternate weekends off
Cream’s core value is kindness, providing person centred care and a beautiful home for people, working closely with them and their family to ensure development of positive relationships. The organisation has 5 homes in Taunton and 1 home in Torquay. We support people with learning disabilities and complex physical health needs
- Outgoing personality
- Good sense of humour
- To communicate and listen and relay correct information
- To be able to work as part of a team and also use own initiative when lone working
Your main responsibility is to assist in the delivery of a high standard of care to the individual residents in the home; promoting each person’s dignity and their human and civil rights at all times.
- Supporting residents in managing all aspects of their personal care- assist with pressure areas, skin, teeth, mouth, hair, nails, dressing and undressing and attending to their personal hygiene requirements. Collecting specimens as required and directed.
- To treat individuals with respect and encourage them to express their individuality.
- To be flexible and responsive at all times to meet the changing needs of the residents
- Assist residents with physical activity, walking, sitting, hydrotherapy physio routines and position and movement of immobile residents in accordance with their person centred plan and the manual handling policy.
- Assist residents to eat and drink and to prepare meals whilst being aware of nutritional needs and cultural requirements.
- Keep accurate records of fluid and food intake and report any unexpected inability or desire to eat or drink.
- Report immediately to line manager any changes to a resident’s condition
- To act as a positive role model at all times
- Administer medication in line with medication policy and the individuals care plan
- To carry out responsibilities under Health and safety Act 1974
- Report immediately to your line manager any maintenance or repairs.
- Adhere to all the organisational and homes policies and procedures.
- To complete all relevant paper work in accordance with company policy and procedure
- Enter actively in to supervision and appraisals
- To behave in a manner that reflects positively on the company at all times
- Adhere to the GSCC Codes of Practice
- Attend training courses to enhance your skills, including, all mandatory training