Older Persons Support Worker - Clacton-on-Sea
Older People Support Worker – Clacton-on-Sea
Salary: £11.00 per hour
Hours: Full time, 37 hours a week, Monday - Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm
Location: Millicents Day Centre, Clacton-on-Sea
Are you looking for a rewarding career and have the passion to make a difference?
Take the next step in your career and become an Older People Support Worker with the ECL team.
What we can offer you as an Older People Support Worker:
- £500 new starter bonus*
- Competitive rate of pay in your local area
- 24 days annual leave a year, plus bank holidays, rising with service
- Full paid induction at normal hourly rate
- Ongoing training opportunities for you to develop your career and skills
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Free uniform if required for role & PPE
- Enhanced contributory pension scheme
- Annual salary reviews and performance bonus
- Healthcare support scheme
- Discount on your favourite retail brands, restaurants, holidays, and more
- Refer a friend scheme of £1500
To be considered as an Older People Support Worker, you need:
- To be passionate about providing a high level of care and support to older people
- Exceptional listening and communication skills
- To possess an empathetic approach
- To be willing to provide personal care
- Basic IT skills
- A proactive approach to work and be able to work on your own initiative
- To be able to work flexibly depending on the needs of the work environment
Previous experience in the care industry is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided.
Full, valid driving licence and own vehicle required for travel across Essex to attend training, work at other centres, and support our customers in the community.
To view the full job description for our Older People Support Worker role, please click here.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact one of our friendly Recruitment team on 03330 139 921
Come and join the team:
- Play a crucial part in supporting our customers to lead fulfilling and independent lives
- Encourage people to take part in a wide range of social and physical activities
- Strengthen our customers confidence for them to get out and about in the community
- Champion our life-affirming and forward-thinking Day Centre service
- Help our customers to become digital and access online services
ECL are proud to be partnering with The Prince’s Trust to get more young people into Health & Social Care. If you’re aged 18-30, The Prince’s Trust can provide support and guidance with a dedicated mentor throughout the recruitment process. Click here to complete your details, and they’ll be in touch.
ECL reserve the right to close this vacancy early depending on application numbers.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitable candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We have a written policy on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders, which is available to view here.
We are proud to be part of the Disability Confident scheme which helps to employ, support and promote disabled people in the workplace.
ECL does not hold a visa sponsor licence therefore, applicants who do not have the right to work in the UK, and/or require visa sponsorship in order to continue working in the UK, cannot be considered for this role
*Terms and conditions apply for new starter bonus, payable after 12 months service