Service Manager, Clacton & Harwich
Grade D £23,000 - £31,620
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment; can you support a developing service within Social Care?
ECL’s vision is to be the supplier of choice for Adult Health and Social Care, this is an exciting time within ECL to support, drive and develop our new ECC contract,
The role of Service Manager is key in enabling a motivated and empowered workforce to deliver the emerging strategies in work, wellbeing and community services.
Key competencies include management and leadership skills and experience to ensure the delivery of high standards of care and support operating within agreed budgets to achieve business objectives.
You will be responsible for giving direction to employees, daily coordination and development of the services through influencing key stakeholders, with a strong focus on achieving outcomes for customers.
You will have the ability to influence, problem solve and make decisions, demonstrating flexibility, adaptability and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
The ability to network and forge strong and productive partnerships across the organisation and with external partners is vital as well as supporting the Area Manager.
You will need to be confident in networking, accessing and developing community-based options to support customers in Harwich and across Clacton to become linked and valued in their local communities. You will look for opportunities to attract new referrals in the Harwich area. The role will require you to develop a community programme in both Clacton and Harwich that supports people to develop networks in the local community.
You should be friendly, approachable, supportive and adaptable to change, with the ability to support the implementation of the developing transformation within Inclusive Employment and Day Opportunities services.
- Educated to QCF Diploma or NVQ Level 5.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Experience as a supervisor within health and social care sector.
- Demonstrable skills in supervising and monitoring employee performance.
- Ability to organise and set priorities, meeting multiple deadlines and evaluate assignments across service areas.
- Capable of providing training, induction and guidance.
- Commercial and financial awareness to proactively manage the performance of the service.
- Ability to cope under pressure displaying calm and patience.
- Supportive of change, showing flexibility and reliability at all times.
- Ability to empathise and be understanding.
What else can we offer you?
- 24 days holiday entitlement (plus bank holiday) pro rata
- FREE DBS check (which is a requirement of this role)
- Health Care Cash Plan (including reimbursement for dental, optical and chiropody plus much more)
- Reimbursement of professional subscriptions
- Ongoing Training & Career development
- Annual Performance and Pay review
- Up to £600 Refer a friend scheme*
- Up to £300 loan on starting (subject to eligibility)
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Real job satisfaction in an environment where your actions deliver tangible benefits to people’s lives
As this role requires travel around the community, a car driver with their own vehicle is essential.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitable candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are proud to be part of the Disability Confident scheme which helps to employ, support and promote disabled people in the workplace.
If this sounds like a company you’d be proud to work for, why not apply today?
For informal enquires please contact Area Manager Beth Lloyd-Clarke
m. 07809 105777 | e. email@example.com