- Salary: £33,000 pa
- 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Administrative Base: Chelmsford with some travel as required across Essex Havering & West Sussex (Full remote working option available during COVID Pandemic)
ECL is the leading provider of care and support services across Essex, Havering and West Sussex. We have a CQC rating of ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ for well led.
We are currently looking for an experienced HR Advisor to join our friendly, professional and busy team on a permanent basis, usually based in our head office in Chelmsford, Essex. The role will support regional sites across Essex, Havering and West Sussex.
What does the role involve?
- Responsibility for the delivery of a high quality, comprehensive HR Advisory service to the business, working primarily within your Regions and supporting other business areas as required
- To work closely with managers to ensure employee relations casework, such as disciplinary, grievance, performance, capability, sickness issues, and transformational change programmes such as TUPE transfers, restructures and redeployments are managed and implemented effectively.
- Using a Case Management system to accurately record and update progress on cases, and supporting other Regions during periods of annual leave or if otherwise required
- To ensure compliance with Employment Law and ECL policies with an awareness of implications of CQC regulations on employee management and taking a proactive approach in identifying and effectively implementing changes in legislation.
- Coaching and developing management capability to enable them to manage future employment relations issues they encounter effectively.
- Provide insightful reports and accurate trend data to the Employee Relations Manager as required.
- To support the other HR functions, such as Recruitment and Learning & Development, as required.
What should the successful candidate have?
- 3-5 years’ experience in an HR Advisor or equivalent role is essential
- CIPD at level 5 or 7, or equivalent qualification is essential
- Hold a full valid UK/EU Driving License, access and correct insurance of a vehicle for work purposes with access to a car.
- Ability to work effectively alone and as a member of a team
- Knowledge and understanding of employment law and HR best practice and policies and procedures.
- Understanding and experience of Change Management, TUPE and Employee Relations cases.
- Experience of building effective relationships with managers, stakeholders and partners.
- Experience of negotiating, facilitating and influencing to achieve desired outcomes
- Act calmly in a crisis, tactful, determined, quick-thinking, but methodical and consistent. Ability to work under pressure
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, Email and Internet
What can we offer you in return?
- The opportunity to join our friendly, professional HR team and work for a credible & caring company
- Flexible working hours
- 45p per mile when you travel between our sites
- Healthcare cash plans with up to £700 claimable during the year
- Participation in our Refer a Friend Scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Up to 27 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Career progression opportunities within ECL
In addition, due to the current climate, we are pleased to be able to offer this role either working remotely or at our office in Chelmsford, therefore the ability to work independently to manage your casework is essential and although you will have support from other members of the team you will also need to demonstrate good judgement when using your own initiative.
ECL is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
To view the full Job Description for this role, please click here.