Qualified Sensory Rehabilitation Worker
Salary: from £35,500 per annum, pro rata if part-time
Hours: Full time (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm) or part-time
Location: Chelmsford base, with travel across Essex
Are you a qualified Sensory Rehabilitation Worker looking to join a dynamic and collaborative team?
To be considered for the role of Sensory Rehabilitation Worker, you must have a BTEC Level 4 professional diploma in rehabilitation studies (Visual Impairments) or the Diploma of Higher Education in Rehabilitation Studies.
Since 2009 our sensory team has delivered a range of services across Essex for people who have sight, hearing, or dual sensory loss. Our objective is to develop a society where people with sensory impairments have the same access to services and businesses as everyone else.
As a Rehabilitation Worker you will provide assessment and rehabilitative training to our customers with the aim to advance or maintain their independence in all aspects of life.
You will also need:
- Experience of working with adults with sensory impairments/needs
- Knowledge of legislation, policies and procedures in relation to specialised area of work, i.e. sensory impaired adults
- Ability to make and implement appropriate decisions in relation to day-to-day queries referrals and allocation in line with best practise
- Ability to identify objectives and outcomes and the means to achieve them
- To be able to manage own caseload effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively with other agencies and groups in enhancing service delivery to sensory impaired people
- Valid driving licence and car, or access to a car and driver
To view the job description please click the link here.
What we can offer you:
- 27 days per annum plus bank holidays, increasing with length of service
- Annual Performance Review, performance related pay and bonus
- Business mileage paid at 45p per mile
- Contributory Pension Scheme – ECL match up to 6% Employee Pension contributions
- Healthcare Cash plan (including reimbursement for dental, optical and chiropody plus much more)
- Reimbursement of professional subscriptions
- Excellent Career development with access to paid for qualifications
- Free DBS check and renewals (if required)
- Up to £1000 Refer a friend scheme
Take the next step in your career and become part of the ECL team.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitable candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We have a written policy on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders, which is available to view here.
We are proud to be part of the Disability Confident scheme which helps to employ, support and promote disabled people in the workplace.
ECL does not hold a visa sponsor licence therefore, applicants who do not have the right to work in the UK, and/or require visa sponsorship in order to continue working in the UK, cannot be considered for this role