EVO Group are recruiting for a Senior Financial Accountant to assist the Head of Accounting, Reporting and Treasury with financial accounting and control of the EVO Group, including business partnering with the HQ and Establishment functional leads and responsibility all key balance sheet areas. The role has great scope to engage directly with various areas of the business including Commercial Finance, the HQ and Finance functional heads, Legal and Merchandise teams and is pivotal in assisting the business through a period of process change.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Overseeing the general ledger reconciliation process including the implementation and management of controls across the Group;
- Lead projects to improve supplier rebate accounting and reporting;
- Business partner for the Supplier Admin team to maximise Group supplier rebate income;
- Business partner for the HQ and Establishment functional leads;
- Calculation of property and working capital provisions;
- Management and improvement of intercompany processes;
- Management and improvement of the month end processes incorporating projects designed to reduce to the month end preparation timeline;
- Management of 1 qualified and 3 part qualified accountants and their personal development;
- Preparing payment forecasts and liaising with Treasury department to co-ordinate payments;
- Management of the system and business process improvement projects from a financial accounting perspective;
- Management of the fixed asset appraisal, approval and reporting processes;
- Lead the bank, interim and year-end audit processes from a financial accounting perspective;
- Project work as and when required by the Finance Director, Financial Controller and Head of Accounting, Reporting and Treasury as and when required;
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Degree in Finance/Mathematics or related subject (2:1 or higher)
- GCSE and A-level Maths (grade A or B);
- Comfortable speaking to both senior management and non-finance professionals
- Experience of managing teams and audit processes;
- Experience of working or managing customer, supplier or contract administration teams;
- Accustomed to working to deadlines and to a high level of accuracy;
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to communicate and work with senior management staff;
- Seeks out information; asks others, refers to sources of Company information
- Leads by example, can be hands on if need be, plays their part in the team
- Takes responsibility for decision-making within own authority levels
- Takes ownership, will follow things through, doesn’t just hand things over but checks back in
- Initiates action to move a situation forward
- Makes decisions independently, without unnecessarily referring to others. Can explain rationale behind decisions made
- If they say they will do something they do it; speak the truth
- Can manage time effectively, including the prioritisation of tasks and the competing demands made upon their team
WHAT DO WE DO?
EVO Group are the largest multi-channel distributor of business supplies and services in the industry with unparalleled reach and experience in the UK. We provide sourcing, storage and fulfilment services to over 20,000 resellers, corporate organisations and direct customers through VOW, VOW RETAIL, Banner and Truline.
With an unrivalled logistics platform, the highest number of direct manufacturer relations and the broadest multi-channel sales structure, we continue to lead the business supplies and services industry across the UK and Ireland. Through constant innovation, progressive business services and the most extensive product range, we remain at the forefront of our industry offering an exceptional overall customer experience.
Diversity and Anti-Discrimination Statement
It is our people that make us successful and so we are committed to making The EVO Group of companies an inclusive workplace.
We encourage a diverse culture, in which we value you for being you, and the excellent contributions you make to business, no matter your age, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, race, nationality or religion.
The EVO Group of companies expect their employees to respect one another and treat their colleagues, and others that they come into contact with, as they would wish to be treated themselves.