Secure Escort - Bank
About our Organisation:
At Fair Ways we believe in making a difference through passionate care, support and education. Together we aim to build an institution that makes a difference to society and leaves a legacy greater than ourselves and our contributions. Our values sit at the heart of everything we do; we measure our wealth by the difference we make, rather than the profit we make.
About Our Exciting Opportunity:
Children in care are frequently transported at short notice, often in a state of crisis and across great distances. These escorts may be traumatic and cause further anxiety. In 2018, Fair Ways commenced providing secure and non-secure escorts as a personalised service to our social care partners. This service is available for both planned and emergency escorts 7 days per week. Fair Ways secure escort service is not outsourced, instead provided by Fair Ways staff and in line with Fair Ways values. In each secure transport, the young person will remain safe, secure and treated fairly and compassionately.
All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
About the Role:
Applicants for this role should be able to demonstrate the ability to do the following:
- To, individually or part of a team, transport young people safely and securely between destinations.
- Support the planning and organisation of a secure escort including routes, safe stops and contingency planning.
- Involve young people in the procedure of each secure escort, in order to be clear on expectations and rules for the journey.
- To manage and analyse challenging behaviour resulting from complex needs and formulate plans to reduce the likelihood of future similar events.
- To ensure daily tasks are consistent with the smooth running of the service, such as handover, case recording and updating the necessary professionals, ensuring all information is recorded appropriately and accurately to a high standard.
- To observe, assess and monitor young people’s health development and emotional well-being, by promoting high standards of physical care, hygiene and safety for all young people in the service.
- To be flexible with regards to shift, location and hours of work as required for the Intervention/Secure Escort Service as directed by the Service Manager.
- To demonstrate and uphold the Company values at all times (Make a difference; never give up; value every individual; listen to each other, develop each other, reach our potential; quality and passion in what we do).
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of working with young people with complex needs in crisis situations.
- Maintain a calm, thoughtful and measured approach when working under pressure.
- Have a willingness to be flexible and responsive to service demand at short notice.
- Have the ability to proactively engage with young people to establish, maintain and end safe-boundaried relationships.
- Ideally (Non-essential) hold a qualification relevant to the post, such as NVQ 3/level 3 Diploma in childcare.
- Be able to manage aggressive and potentially violent situations in a calm and confident manner.
- Ideally have a good knowledge of legislation relevant to residential childcare and child protection policies and procedures.
- Be able to demonstrate effective communication skills, verbal, non-verbal and written.
- Be reliable, enthusiastic, creative and honest.
- Demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities and anti-oppressive practice.
- To challenge attitudes and practices that can be perceived as discriminatory.
About our Rewards:
Fair Ways places importance on valuing staff and recognising the key role staff play in the organisation that’s why we offer: Employee Assistance Programme, Health Care Scheme*, Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme*, Service based additional annual Leave accrual, Bespoke training department, Education Grant Scheme*, Future Leaders Programme*, Staff Lottery *Subject to qualifying period