Lead the Australian business and Sydney team with a view to growing Foresight’s Energy Infrastructure investment management footprint in Australia in line with group strategy and client investment mandates. The role spans across three key areas i) fundraising and fund management, ii) origination and investments and iii) portfolio management. Foresight is recruiting for an individual who can proactively and effectively manage a team and deliver positive growth to the business in Australia, expanding upon the success achieved to date.
Main Responsibilities to include
- Originating and supporting origination of investment opportunities in the Energy Infrastructure sector which align with Foresight’s global strategy and client investment mandates; and
- Working with the Investment team to negotiate the terms of investment opportunities with vendors to secure exclusivity or participating in competitive sales processes.
- Overseeing negotiation of key project documents (e.g. EPC, PPAs, O&M, etc.);
- Overseeing negotiation of key financing documents (e.g. Debt Facility Agreements, Shareholder Agreements, Shareholder Loan Agreements, Investment Management Agreements);
- Overseeing due diligence and investment committee approval processes; and
- Overseeing onboarding new projects to be managed during construction and operations.
- Establishing and developing strong relationships with domestic and offshore investors (banks, super funds, boutique institutional investors, family offices, etc.);
- Overseeing sourcing project finance debt (where required); and
- Managing and nurturing the relationships with key investor clients and supporting investor reporting.
Portfolio Management oversight -
- Overall responsibility for the performance of construction and operation assets in Australia via the Portfolio team.
Team Leader -
- Leadership and management of a team of six based in Sydney;
- Presenting at and participating in Industry Conferences and panel discussions; and
- Building general market awareness of the Foresight’s brand in Australia.
Skills and Experience -
- Ten year track record in originating and executing energy infrastructure transactions;
- Strong understanding of Project Finance principles;
- Equity investment management and institutional capital fundraising experience;
- Literacy in financial statements, cashflow modelling and project/commercial contracts;
- National Electricity Market knowledge;
- Experience in leading and managing small teams;
- Relevant or transferable degree and post-graduate qualifications;
- Ability to establish trusting relationships and to speak with influence with various internal and external stakeholders; and
- Risk management awareness and commercial acumen.
- Top tier professionalism;
- Highly organised with the ability to be able to prioritise successfully to deliver efficient growth of the business;
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team to deliver results;
- Attention to detail and experience of proactively manage issues;
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) internally and externally; and
- Able to build and maintain relationships.
Other Relevant Information
- The role will be based at Foresight’s office in Sydney, Australia;
- Occasional interstate travel to other capital cities and to project locations will be required; and
- Two or three trips to London, UK a year including a two week induction soon after joining.