Legal IT Trainer
LOCATION: Office and Home
Main Purpose of the Post:
Working as part of the IT Training team, within the Service Delivery Function, you will support the Firm's strategic objectives through the delivery of a range of IT training solutions. As well as supporting the induction and cyclic training programs you will manage the creation of bespoke training projects, helping both legal and non-legal teams to improve their knowledge and skill sets
Description of Main Duties of the Post:
- Work collaboratively with the IT Training team to deliver the IT Training Strategy
- Train new employees on proper use of hardware and software, specific to their roles
- To design, develop and maintain course materials, training documents such as video training, hand-outs, manuals and exercises
- Deliver training on legal specific training applications such as Aderant and iManage etc.
- Deliver training on commonly used programs such as the Microsoft Office suite.
- Deliver training on any in-house developed applications.
- Deliver training to support projects.
- Deliver Training on IT security measures
- Support, mentor and coach learners using various learning technologies, providing feedback in a supportive and constructive manner.
- Maintain appropriate records of learner development and resource allocation.
- Keep and report data on completed courses, absences, issues etc.
- Work with the Service team to capture training issues and produce self-help knowledge articles.
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of training programmes and learning outcomes
- Travel to and deliver training at UK offices, as and when required
Essential requirements of the Post:
- Proven experience as legal IT trainer
- Comprehensive computing skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Well- developed interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management capabilities
- Patience and confidence
- An aptitude for IT and an up-to-date knowledge of common applications and systems
- Highly confident in presentation and training delivery
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others
- A keen willingness to learn new technologies and training techniques
Desirable requirements of the Post
- BCS (The Chartered Institute for IT)
- Learning & Performance Institute (LPI)
- Certification such as CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer) is a strong asset
- Knowledge and experience within the Legal Sector
- Hold a full driving license