Application Support Engineer
The Freeths Group is one of the UK's leading national law practices. We offer services to both the commercial and private client across the entire legal spectrum.
The firm has a wide range of clients throughout the UK with many clients having strong international connections. We have over 150 partners and more than 800 members of staff in total.
Our client base reflects our nationwide strength and our nationwide service delivery. We are committed to continuous improvement and our increasing success as a business is built on achieving success for our clients. We work in close partnership with clients, providing positive, practical solutions and clear, comprehensive advice.
Our aim is to attract and retain the most talented people, and part of this is providing a great place to work. So, to support fairness and equality and to encourage a healthy work-life balance, we continually monitor and improve our benefits.
We are proud that what we have achieved has been recognised over the past few years, being awarded Best Companies star status on a number of occasions and featured in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For. We are also a silver standard accredited Investor in People Company, which means we are recognised for our efforts to improve work place engagement, leadership, personal growth, wellbeing, team working and our impact on society.
This role is a level 2/3 and will sit between the service desk team and infrastructure team as well as the application development team supporting various aspects of IT applications specific to the legal sector including but not exclusive to Aderant, iManage and BigHand. Responding to and resolving technical application problems.
- Resolution of IT application-related incidents, service requests and problems in a timely and efficient manner in line with Business requirements.
- Managing staff Application queries using the IT ticketing system and ensuring comprehensive database of queries and resolutions is kept up to date and made available across the team via a knowledge base
- Producing, maintaining and updating technical documents and procedures
- Pro-actively identifying and resolving application issues and recommending improvements/changes
- Defining and executing on application routine maintenance plans
- Work collaboratively with IT Teams for upgrades or patches to the firms applications
- Define appropriate application maintenance, support and incident management processes and procedures
- Provide timely communication to users on the status of their application requests and incidents.
- Liaise with IT suppliers to ensure IT application-related incidents and problems are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
- Undertake IT application-related problem diagnosis, implementing problem resolution or prevention measures as appropriate and publishing known fixes to the IT Knowledge base.
- Monitor the availability, performance and throughput of supported IT applications.
- Prioritise and schedule assigned application support activities and tasks within the team.
- Maintain IT application support technical documentation within the IT Knowledge base.
- Participate in disaster recovery activities as required.
- Work within the Change Management process to review application changes and requests from the staff/departments.
- Making recommendations for enhancements and changes to applications where applicable.
- Ensure capacity, availability, security and service support requirements are considered in all IT applications
- Implement, test and monitor required IT application changes in line with change implementation plans.
Experience in at least one of the following technology products:
- Finance, HR, Legal and IT applications
- Document management Applications
- Digital asset management applications and IT service systems
- Ability to produce clear written material.
- Excellent understanding of ITIL service management processes
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Ability to effectively engage with third party suppliers, with experience of allocating work to suppliers and working with suppliers to resolve issues.
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner to non-technical stakeholders