Location: Mount Street, Nottingham
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Working Hours: Full time
The Freeths Group is one of the UK's leading regional law practices. We offer services to both the commercial and private client across the entire legal spectrum. We operate from offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Derby, Leeds, Leicester, London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Oxford, Sheffield, Stoke and Liverpool.
The firm has a wide range of clients throughout the UK with many clients having strong international connections. We have over 150 partners and more than 800 members of staff in total.
Our client base reflects our nationwide strength and our nationwide service delivery. We are committed to continuous improvement and our increasing success as a business is built on achieving success for our clients. We work in close partnership with clients, providing positive, practical solutions and clear, comprehensive advice.
Our aim is to attract and retain the most talented people, and part of this is providing a great place to work. So, to support fairness and equality and to encourage a healthy work-life balance, we continually monitor and improve our benefits.
We are proud that what we have achieved has been recognised over the past few years, being awarded Best Companies star status on a number of occasions and have featured in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For. We are also a silver standard accredited Investor in People Company, which means we are recognised for our efforts to improve work place engagement, leadership, personal growth, wellbeing, team working and our impact on society.
*Please note this placement opportunity is open exclusively to current students from Nottingham Trent University. If you are not a current Nottingham Trent University Student, unfortunately your application will not be accepted*
We are currently recruiting for two Placement Students to be based in our Nottingham Office for the academic year 2020/2021. One position will be based in our Real Estate department and one in our Commercial Banking and Finance department. In these positions, you will get grass roots experience of working in a legal environment alongside our talented lawyers. In return you will provide administration and legal support to trainees, lawyers and partners, which means that you get a real experience of what a career in law could offer you long term.
Our Placement Students enjoy a one-year contract during which you will learn many valuable skills that you can use when you return to university for your final year.
We are looking for two outstanding Students who can hit the ground running. You will have excellent academics, a passion for law, first class organisation skills, and a drive to deliver first class client service to clients both internally and externally. So if you have a can do attitude and a drive to succeed in a career in law then we want to hear from you. #LI-DNI
- To assist fee earners with day to day administrative matters as required including:-
- Opening new files
- Closing files and archiving
- File organisation and filing in accordance with departmental procedures
- Assisting with billing procedures and other account enquiries
- Making appointments, arranging meetings and maintaining an up to date computerised diary
- Making travel arrangements
- Drafting documentation
- Undertaking legal research
- To undertake certain elements of fee-earning work under supervision
- To provide support to other members of the team as reasonably required
- Deal wherever possible with routine client enquiries and communication.
- To attend appropriate training courses to improve all elements of job requirements.
- Any other reasonable task which may be required from time to time
- Additional information
Personal Qualities: -
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Well organised and efficient
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Can show initiative when required
- Flexible and professional approach
- Ability to work independently and in a team effectively
- Commitment to work outside hours
Knowledge and Experience: -
- Accurate and efficient IT and keyboard skills and familiarity with MS Office.
- Good writing skills.