Data Protection Manager (ANZ), Melbourne, Australia
The vision for our team is “to provide the ‘know how’ to enable privacy and data compliance, supporting Identity Data Intelligence globally at pace”. As a fast growing, global business, this team provides a challenging environment with days rarely the same. We’ve launched and continue to promote be/compliant which has 4 key principles to ensure all team members “think privacy” upfront, helping to embed data compliance into operations.
You will have your own area of responsibility where you operate as a trusted advisor, whilst working together as a team to ensure GBG is compliant with applicable legislation and contractual obligations.
What you will do
- Be a trusted advisor in relation to privacy and data compliance, responding to internal and external questions.
- Continually review and enhance internal processes to evidence privacy and data compliance. This may include conducting audits internally and supporting external audits.
- Nurture high quality relationships with colleagues, clients and partners, plus ensure members of the public have a great experience with GBG.
- Implement & maintain Privacy by design, enabling compliant data, products & services which support UVP3.
- Create and maintain ongoing training and awareness to ensure team members are aware of what they need to do to be/compliant.
- Be the designated/named Data Protection Officer for ANZ.
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for
- Ability to understand legal contracts and regulatory requirements quickly, then apply to ensure GBG’s compliance. To support this, you will need to collaborate with external experts to meet GBG’s goals.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure, to strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to persuade and influence others at all levels, with specific experience of managing difficult consumers.
- Questioning nature, allowing you to uncover the full picture, which may then prompt areas for further investigation/resolution.
- Demonstrable evidence you are a quick learner, who can quickly understand complex requirements. This may be researching and then applying local data protection rules/guidance to getting to grips with technical solutions.
- Experience within a complex organisation, preferably within the same industry or similar.
- Knowledge of the privacy obligations in Australia and New Zealand, with proven experience of application. There will be a requirement to understand other relevant legislation in line with business needs.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative
- Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organised way
- Shows evidence of clear analytical thinking
- Applies own expertise effectively
- Communicates and networks effectively
- This role is office based but with notice, you may be required to travel to our offices globally (which include UK, US, Malaysia).
- All activity will be recorded in a time management tool for visibility of tasks all team members are working on.