Business Unit: Technology
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
Closing Date: 31 March 2019
A Highly motivated team of professionals who make sure GBG’s products and services are delivered to the customer meeting quality standards and the customer expectations.
GBG QA focuses on all aspects of testing including manual, automated and non-functional such as load, performance and stress testing. We are currently working towards the shift-left policy across all business units to identity defects at the earliest possible stage thereby cutting down the cost and improving the time and quality of delivery
Reporting into the QA Lead/ Senior QA Engineer, the candidate will be responsible for testing software using automated and manual test processes and delivering the results to the business. The candidate will liaise often with other areas of the business such as product and development at different stages of the software life cycle, also attending various meetings related to the project under test..
What you will do…
• Responsible for ensuring software is tested and deployments are supported in line with QA processes and business requirements to a high standard
• Accurately analyse technical requirements to produce test estimates and approach per project, component or story.
• Actively contribute in SCRUM ceremonies (Planning, Review, Retrospective, Daily Stand up)
• Perform regression, sanity, exploratory, load and performance testing to a high quality and within agreed timescales
• Maintain our legacy test suites including the update of data sets for testing
• Enhance and maintain the existing Selenium, Specflow and SOAP UI Pro test automation suites
• Report defects in the defect management tool (JIRA) in a clear manner and communicate any issues that may affect the agreed deadline to the line manager as soon as they are known
• Liaise with the necessary parties during the testing life cycle to ensure that the implementation is delivered on time and of expected quality
• Produce clear reports of the testing conducted to the stakeholders of the project
• Identify any risks and escalate to relevant stakeholder and Line manager
• Produce quality test documentation (Test Plans, Test Scripts, and Traceability) to audit standards
• Enhance the QA team processes through knowledge shares between team members and contributions to QA improvement sessions which includes evaluating and performing proof of concepts for new tools and processes.
• Mentor and support junior/ software testers including reviewing test documents, defects and reports to ensure QA standards are adhered to.
• Adopt a professional approach and behavior when dealing with the business and user community.
• Assist others (incl. customers) outside of QA with UAT/ integration testing where required and ensure work is carried out to the QA standards, be that on-site or off-site.
• Lead by example and demonstrate commitment to hitting deadlines.
• Carry out additional duties as directed in line with business needs as required by your line manager/ QA manager.
• Provide out of hours support as required.
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for…
• Qualification in a IT related discipline
• Ideally Hold a testing affiliation
• Considerable experience in Manual and Web service testing
• Experience working in agile environment and participating in sprint and scrum meetings
• Experience on Groovy Scripting in Soap UI
• Knowledge of structured test methods and processes
• Good understanding of Test Analysis and acceptance criteria process
• Experience in Selenium automation using Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, JAVA, JUnit & Maven
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration and associated tools (Jenkins, Hudson etc)
• Experience developing the automation scripts for end to end scenarios and maintaining the automation suites
• SOAP & REST web API Experience
• Experience with databases and database tools with excellent SQL scripting
• Knowledge of either SQL, C#, Java, HTML, XML, Batch files, Shell scripts or Java Script would be advantageous
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well within a team and support others.
• Flexible, resilient and able to change focus on demand.
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
• Demonstrates ability to learn quickly within a continually changing, challenging environment.
• Good technical and business requirement analysis skills
• Good understanding of the testing documents, test life cycle and defect tracking/management.