Product Owner - Financial Crime, Melbourne, Australia
Who we are
We help over 19,000 businesses across the globe identify, locate, onboard and retain legitimate customers. Our technology is utilsed by the Facebook, Google, Amazon, Uber, PayPal and many more well-known brands.
In 2019 our market capitalization surpassed 1 Billion GBP and as we continue to grow we are looking for passionate builders to help us reach new heights!
Headquartered in the UK, we have offices across China, Australia, Singapore, London, San Francisco, Malaysia, Atlanta and Indonesia.
Your role at GBG
Product Owners are a special piece of how GBG works. As a Product Owner, you hold sole responsibility over the roadmap of your team, daily operations, project execution, and how risks are addressed. You will have regular exposure to senior management, and be relied upon as the go-to person in your field. This role is all about responsibility, follow-through, and being a builder.
Gather and document requirements
Facilitate Agile ceremonies
Facilitate workshops with stakeholders and customers
- Think ahead, coordinate with other teams, and build for the future
- Prioritise by value and be logical
- Build new processes, optimise existing processes, and completely replace broken processes
- Spec out solutions with engineers and lead product meetings
- Always keep the flow going! Make sure developers, testers are clear about requirements
- Lead and execute projects
- Collaborate cross-functionally with customers, colleagues and share-holders and to define the roadmapStakeholder communication – ensure clear, consistent and regular communication on priorities, roadmaps, agreed focus and releases
What you could bring to GBG
- Previous experience in Financial Crime within a financial institution
- Able to break complex problems into simpler ones, and prioritise them
- Manipulate and analyse data with ease using SQL (and maybe even Python)
- Clear communicator
- Strong track record of achievement
- Very comfortable running design sprints and working collaboratively with UX, engineers and customers
- Expert in Agile and Scrum delivery methodologies
- Hands-on experience with all parts of the product lifecycle from idea to launch to maintenance
What is in it for you
- Innovative culture, join a dynamic fast-moving team with high energy
- Be part of a wider team and create an impact in a fun environment that is going through an exciting time of growth
- Open communication – own it with passion and have your say
- Be yourself, bring your own unique value