Technical Pre-Sales Consultant: London, UK
The team is based in London and Chester, with customers spread throughout the world, but focused on UK and EU. Supported by a Professional Services team working with clients on a global scale.
Reporting to Professional Services Manager, Pre Sales, this is a challenging and varied role, which is customer facing, and involves working closely with the Sales and technical teams. The primary objective of the role is to provide pre-sales and technical support to the sales team and assist with existing customer liaison.
What you will do:
- Pre-sales business partner to the New Business and Account Management teams
- Configuration, implementation and support of all Location solution products
- Some provision of support to customers post-implementation including delivery of training, analysis and consultancy
- Supporting revenue generating activity through solution design and implementation
- Configuration and implementation delivery of IDP products in line with customer requirements
- Ongoing customer support to ensure their service is working as effectively for them as possible
- Training customers in how to use the service
• Delivering analysis that informs the customer of the best way to use the service
- Liaising with Product teams to shape and develop new product lines
- Assist in preparation of tenders, whitepapers, articles and content to educate and engage potential clients
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for:
- Experienced with web services and systems architecture
- Competency with common coding languages such as Java, .NET, C++, or PHP
- Pre-Sales experience advantageous
- Proven track record of managing technical delivery from inception to completion
- Exceptional project management skills
- The confidence and professional credibility that comes from experience.
- An independent worker, comfortable with prioritising and managing own workload, seeking out guidance and support when required
- A technical leader, with the ability to create, deliver and support industry leading customer solutions
- Takes ownership for the delivery of project work, leading by example and demonstrating best practice in terms of standards
- Awareness of the need for urgency, able to motivate team and prospects to think the same.
- An excellent communicator, both orally and in writing, with the necessary confidence and gravitas to enthusiastically and persuasively present a case.
- A flexible, intelligent approach with the ability to inspire others and get the best from them
- A hands-on attitude, to dive into highly-technical, complex problem-solving tasks when required
- The ability to think and act quickly, particularly under pressure
- Flexibility with reference to working hours, often to accommodate multiple time zones
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally if or when required
Flexibility on working from home as the role involves a certain amount of travel to both new and existing clients.