Cloud Architect, Chester, UK
The Infrastructure Team
The infrastructure team design, build, manage and support the GBG’s core IT infrastructure and systems.
The infrastructure team are instrumental in the success of GBG. Our IT Infrastructure upholds GBG Products and Services along with IT services for our staff.
The Role (Vision)
The GBG Infrastructure team have accelerated and placed the building blocks for GBGs move into the cloud. Our Cloud Architects design GBG platforms to make best use of cloud technologies (PaaS & FaaS), continuous deployment and automation. The Architecture team are at the heart of all GBG product projects, their designs boost the success and efficacy of our platforms. GBG is cloud agnostic, our platforms are designed based on which cloud is most suitable.
Being a technology company, GBG encourage the architects to challenge the status quo and look at the NEXT next.
What you’ll do (Objectives)
- Design Cloud ready infrastructure platforms
- Asses GBG on-prem IaaS platforms, design for a cloud ready state
- Review solution proposals and scope projects to ensure that business needs are being met
- Ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services into the cloud
- Asses GBG deployment methods to define how continues deployment can be achieved
- Analyse operations for where automation can be used
- Work within a DevOps environment
- Asses new technologies GBG can utilise to overcome challenges
- Be an SME for Cloud
How you’ll deliver it (Strategies)
- These will be determined by you, in collaboration with your manager, and you’ll update them regularly to keep your contribution relevant as we evolve. You’ll do this via your Personal VOS.
To help you be successful, we’re looking for
- Experience as an IT Infrastructure Architect, with focus on cloud, server, storage and networking
- Current experience in traditional infrastructure and technology solution architecture, as well as AWS/Azure/GCP Architecture
- Strong understanding of cloud services & APIs and with experience in designing and moving workloads to public clouds. Good knowledge on Cloud Products
- Strong understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers and emerging computing trends
- Strong communication skills - ability to conduct presentations, whiteboard, engage with Management and sharing technical best practices and insights
- Written presentation skills in producing Technical Designs
- High-level solution thinking and business process understanding, producing effective solutions
- Strong team work and collaboration skills to work within a DevOps environment
- Experience in enterprise applications, solutions and data centre infrastructures