Business Development Manager, Home Based, UK
High Energy, hardworking go getting individuals, who all want to win! We work hard to achieve. All goal driven and motivated by it, we work together and help each other where needed. We have an exciting proposition, which allows us to be solution based sales people, selling on value and not price.
The role will be to identify and secure new clients by supplying GBG’S solution to improve clients understanding of their customers/citizen’s accounts. In line with GBG’s 2020 vision, we are looking to achieve }20% growth year on year. This will involve you personally working to the VOS and bringing new clients onboard across a potential sector where Connexus can add benefit, this role will be targeting the Public Sector.
What you will do…
Working closely with the Business Unit Sales Manager in “Trace and Investigate” this role will entail:
- Delivering the sales results
- Ensure the UK revenue and profit margin targets are achieved through a direct value-based sales approach of selling data as services through the overarching Connexus solution.
- Provision of accurate and timely management reporting of sales forecasts, pipeline, platform and performance.
- Understand the specific areas within a sector who could benefit from the Connexus solution and help grow this new and exciting solutions which intern will help grow the overall proportion within Team Trace & Investigate.
- Selling to new logo businesses but also establishing warm leads through collaboration internally and “Cross Sell” opportunities where other areas of GBG could already be within these sectors.
- Sales strategy and planning
- Working with the Sales Manager, review, execute and develop the sales strategy in line with the business strategy, with the expectation of no less than 20% growth
- Identify larger opportunities for the sale of Connexus as a proportion. To pro-actively self-generate new business leads to build and develop the company’s business margin stream for Trace & Investigate software and data enhancement services
- Target those prospects who need to contact or investigate individuals that they have either lost contact with or that require further investigation
- Identify opportunities for the company’s products and services required by these organisations
- To establish and maintain awareness of the company’s products and services as leaders in the marketplace
- Build a pipeline, which should be 3x the target given by cold calling, using LinkedIn and other marketing activity.
- Operate proactively at senior level within prospect accounts to provide maximum exposure and credibility in exploiting the opportunities identified
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for…
- A motivated individual who believes in making a difference within GBG and is passionate in their belief to be part of the growing success of Team Trace & Investigate
- Considerable experience in New Business Development and can a demonstrable record of having a proven track record of where you have over achieved
- Strong background in building own pipeline, cold calling and able to self motivate.
- Strong background of selling into the Public Sector
- Experience of responding to RFP’s
- Experience of working in a high performance new business environment
- Excellent communication skills – oral
- A motivational personality, capable of enthusing those around you
- Ambitious, determined, friendly and reliable
This role will involve a lot of travel and sometimes working outside of the normal working hours, we are looking for someone who can be flexible, committed and who can go that extra mile.