Technical Writer (3-6 month FTC), Mersin, Turkey
IDscan team is a cross-functional group of people that have everything, and everyone, necessary to develop, test, deliver IDscan products.
Technical writers prepare instruction manuals, Technical API’s, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily. They also develop, gather, and disseminate technical information among customers, designers, and developers.
What you will do…
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
- Organize and write supporting documents for products
- Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers
- Revise documents as new issues arise
- Create operating instructions, how-to manuals, assembly instructions, and “frequently asked questions” pages to help technical support staff, consumers, and other users within a company or an industry.
- After a product is released, technical writers also may work with product liability specialists and customer service managers to improve the end-user experience through product design changes.
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for…
- Degree in Information Technology or related discipline, specialists or research assistants in a technical field.
- One or more years of relevant work experience to include business and/or project management, business/system requirements.
- Knowledge of development and support of Financial Transaction Applications is plus.
- Flexible, resilient, and able to change focus on demand.
- Generates many new and unique ideas
- Searches for new and more effective methods, making connections between previously unrelated ideas
- Is seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings
- Marshals people and material to get things done well
- Orchestrates multiple activities to accomplish a goal
- Arranges information and files in a useful and consistent manner
- Functional/technical skills
- Has and uses the required functional and technical knowledge and skills necessary to do his or her job
- Chooses appropriate tools or technology for the task
- Has the capability and knowledge base to share technical skills with others
- Time Management
- Places a high value on his or her time and plans tasks accordingly
- Makes quality time for the most important priorities
- Adeptly handles several tasks at once
- Looks ahead and doesn’t get stuck in the here and now, while attending to a broad range of activities
- Listens carefully, paying full attention to the speaker
- Has the patience to hear people out
- Considers opinions of others even when he or she disagrees
- Work from home time to time maybe required.
- The role is for a fixed term contract for 3-6 months.