System Engineer, Shanghai, China
The Professional Services Team…
is responsible for providing practical decision support solutions to address business objectives in the areas of risk prevention, fraud detection, and customer management. To offer state-of-the-art software solutions, and provide comprehensive client support using our expertise and flexible, client focused approach.
Work closely with and under the guidance of the Professional Services Manager, the role will be responsible to provide leading solutions to our new and existing customers. The role will involve learning and build a technical understanding of the existing GBG CAFS products. A key part of the role will be ensuring our projects are delivered to high standards of innovation, quality and excellent as well as on time and to budget.
What you will do…
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with newly developed and existing software
- Develop software according to set requirements on newly developed and existing software
- Understand and demonstrate solutions products or conduct onsite proof on concept to clients
- Work on any bugs or shortcomings and retest solutions to ensure appropriate integration into present systems
- Identify opportunities and upsell into existing accounts
- Communicate with internal teams including Project Management department, Product Development team and Clients to ensure effective delivery of projects.
- Liaise with clients to develop project documentation including Statement of Work and implementation plans
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for…
- Strong Experience and working knowledge of:
- VB.NET, T-SQL, ASP.NET, WCF, C#,.NET Framework (SQL Server and .NET Framework 4.6)
- Three tiers Windows/Web application development using .NET
- SQL Server Database applications (Database design would be an advantage)
- Software solution onsite implementation and system integration experience
- Microsoft Technologies and solutions
- T-SQL knowledge that can improve database performance
- Web service development using .NET
- Software solution and network structure design
- General knowledge of Windows operating system, networking, and communication
- Previous experience in banking and finance applications would be an advantage
- Good oral and written English communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- A strong professional, patient and flexible attitude
- Able to interpret and translate customer needs to be able to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value
- Able to work as part of a team to provide guidance and assistance.
- Proven ability to prioritise and to work independently, managing one’s own workload
- A focus on thorough software testing and documentation, resulting in a high-quality product
- Fluency in another language will be an advantage Additionally…
- Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties