Devops Engineer, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
GBG is a world-leading, fast-growing international company providing identification services to financial institutions, telecommunications providers and other businesses where customer identification is essential. This excellent opportunity will have you working on one of GBG’s on-line software as a service identity products that is used by many of Australia and the world's biggest and most progressive businesses.
We are looking for an experienced and capable Senior Devops Engineer to join our team. This position is a permanent full-time role based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and offers a rare opportunity to work in a fast growing, best of breed company that retains the atmosphere and culture of a start-up. If you're passionate about doing great work in a fantastic, flexible environment then this could be for you.
What you will do
- Maintain and improve our SAAS infrastructure (multiple cloud based data centers)
- Ensure excellent security, resilience and uptime
- Lead our system administration team
- Support increased automation of system rollout to our data centres
- Work with partners and customers to solve specific high-level issues
- Collaborate with our software architecture teams to support change in our services
To be successful in this role, we are looking for
- Application based system administration experience (including Linux experience).
- Experience in management of cloud based systems, with a strong leaning towards AWS experience.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience leading infrastructure teams
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good knowledge/experience of network administration
- Good understanding of scalable SAAS/Cloud systems
- previous experience with cloud based monitoring tools e.g. Splunk
- A bias towards scripting and automation.
- Analysing and Interpreting: Shows evidence of clear analytical thinking. Gets to the heart of complex problems and issues. Applies own expertise effectively. Quickly learns new technology. Communicates well in writing.
- Creating and Conceptualising: Open to new ideas and experiences. Seeks out learning opportunities. Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity. Thinks broadly and strategically.
- Organising and Executing: Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organised way. Follows directions and procedures.
- Supporting and Co-operating: Supports others and shows respect for them in social situations. Puts people first, working effectively with individuals and teams.