Business Unit: Technology
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
Closing Date: 19 June 2018
The Software Development Team
is responsible for providing practical decision support solutions to address business objectives in the areas of risk prevention, fraud detection, and customer management. To offer state-of-the-art software solutions, and provide comprehensive client support using our expertise and flexible, client-focused approach.
The Role (Vision)
Work closely with and under the guidance of the Product Manager, the role, will be responsible to assist the team to support existing and/or new customers.
The role will involve understanding and building a technical understanding of the existing GBG DecTech products. A key part of the role will be ensuring our projects are delivered to high standards of innovation, quality and excellent as well as on time and too budget.
What you’ll do (Objectives)
• Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with newly developed and existing software
• Develop software according to set requirements on newly developed and existing software
• Work on any bugs or shortcomings and retest solutions to ensure appropriate integration into present systems
• Assist Sr. System Engineer in their ad-hoc tasks
How you’ll deliver it (Strategies)
• These will be determined by you, in collaboration with your manager, and you’ll update them regularly to keep your contribution relevant as we evolve. You’ll do this via your Personal VOS.
To help you be successful, we’re looking for
• Strong Experience and working knowledge of:
o VB.NET, T-SQL, ASP.NET, WCF, C#,.NET Framework (SQL Server and .NET Framework 4.6)
o Three tiers Windows/Web application development using .NET
o SQL Server Database applications (Database design would be an advantage)
o Software solution onsite implementation and system integration experience
o Microsoft Technologies and solutions
• Experience and working knowledge of:
o T-SQL knowledge that can improve database performance
o Web service development using .NET
o Software solution and network structure design
o General knowledge of Windows operating system, networking and communication
• Previous experience in banking and finance applications would be an advantage
• Good oral and written English communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
• A strong professional, patient and flexible attitude
• Able to interpret and translate customer needs to be able to resolve issues in a timely manner
• Encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value
• Able to work as part of a team to provide guidance and assistance.
• Proven ability to prioritise and to work independently, managing one’s own workload
• A focus on thorough software testing and documentation, resulting in a high-quality product
• Fluency in another language will be an advantage