Business Unit: Technology
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
Closing Date: 30 September 2019
The team is a 2nd line key contributor to the availability, operability, support and security of Products and Services delivered to GBG Customers. The team ensures delivery of business services to customers through support of the underpinning application components that enable them. The team is a key liaison for GBG 1st line customer support and GBG 3rd line delivery teams; and has in depth knowledge of the customer journey, utilising technology, tools and skills to ensure high levels of operability and availability for GBG customers.
…is a technology lead of a 2nd line customer and service orientated team of Application Engineers. The technology lead works with the Team Manager and other key functional stakeholders to support, operate and deliver business objectives; providing support expertise and escalation for team members and peers. Key aspects of the role include leading adoption of existing, new and emerging technology, design and transition of monitoring and alerting technologies, contribute to the build process and actively support the transition of new features, functions and tools into production environments and team ownership. The tech lead will be part of continuous improvement plans, finding creative technical solutions to team and business problems including automation, enabling efficient and smart utilization of team resource and playing an important role in achieving our business and technology objectives.
What you will do…
• Provide 2nd Line support operational and technical support expertise and escalation for App team members, colleagues and peers
• Collaborate with GBG 3rd line Support and Delivery teams to maintain service availability and performance for GBG Customers
• Support the design, build and transition of operability standards for availability and security of applications and service components
• Technically lead the way in reviewing and adopting new, emerging and existing tech, leveraging benefits to improve availability, operations and support objectives
• Ensure application and service configuration is maintained, adhering to GBG Change Control process
• Design, configure and continually update service and application monitoring and alerting capability, utilising technology/tools and ensuring a proactive approach to system availability and performance
• Support the team to develop their technical skills and develop own skills/competencies to improve knowledge and support of GBG Products, Services and application components.
• Ensuring the team delivers secure operations standards to meet ISO27001, PCI or as applicable
• Take a leading role in team planning, delivery, resourcing and prioritisation of team workload, promoting autonomy within the team and tracking progress through measurable and quantifiable actions.
• Continually manage and update documentation to ensure all technical and business process documents are up to date.
• Support the team’s capability to provide application and business service Release and Deployment for production services.
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for…
• Excellent troubleshooting & triage skills
• Proven experience in a 2nd line Technology Support role, including business applications, previous experience as a tech lead would be desirable but is not essential for this role
• Ability to demonstrate the lifecycle between business service and underpinning applications
• Experience of Incident and Problem Management procedures (following ITIL work flow)
• Experience of AGILE methodologies to lead and manage workload i.e. Scrum, Kanban/Sprint, planning sessions and retrospectives
• Experience supporting Linux Operating Systems Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 etc
• Experience of working with SQL databases (MSSQL or MySQL).
• Experience maintaining core operations including some scripting and automation (PowerShell & bash)
• Experience of writing technical documentation on the installation, configuration and use of applications
• Experience of SSL/encryption management
• Some experience in PaaS cloud technologies
• Some experience in release management and deployment tools
• Some experience in developing requirements for monitoring of applications
• Leading and Deciding - Takes control and exercises leadership. Initiates action, gives direction
• Supporting and Co-operating - Supports others and shows respect and positive regard for them in social situations. Puts people first, working effectively with individuals and teams, clients and staff. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement those of the organisation.
• Analysing and Interpreting - Shows evidence of clear analytical thinking. Gets to the heart of complex problems and issues. Applies own expertise effectively. Quickly learns new technology. Communicates well in writing.
• Organising and Executing – Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organised way. Follows directions and procedures. Focuses on customer satisfaction and delivers a quality service or product to the agreed standards.
• The role will report into the Application Support Team Leader or Team Manager
• The role is based in our Kuala Lumpur office, and may include limited travel to other GBG offices to liaise with other teams that support or deliver respective GBG Products and Services.