Technical Writer, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Responsible for providing clear and concise product documentation with a variety of purposes such as Professional Services deliverables, solution presentations and marketing artifacts.
The Technical Writer is assigned to develop clear and concise technical information for user manuals, help files on- and off-line and service documentation. The role requires close alignment with Professional Services, Marketing, Technology and Product for technical documentation and compliance.
What You Will Do
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to identify and analyse documentation needs.
- Identifying, writing and editing technical and non -technical content for customer-friendly product documentation.
- Working within the product team, you will collaborate closely with business stakeholders, designers and engineers to ensure documentation is comprehensive and accurate.
- Analyse requirements and user-stories and work closely with key internal stakeholders to ensure delivery to a high standard and to tight deadlines.
- Draft and deliver release notes and help across our product suite.
- Assist in laying out material for publication
- Assess product development to identify gaps and need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material
To be successful, we are looking for
- Formal professional/technical writing training.
- Prior experience in the Banking/Financial industry would be an advantage.
- Preferably experience with related domain (in Identity, Fraud, Analytics, Enterprise software) product and delivery documentation.
- Able to translate complex and technical information into clear, concise and everyday language that customers can understand.
- Talented writer, with the ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Strong attention to details with good spelling and grammar.
- Ideally, have experience creating visuals and diagrams that facilitate understanding with stakeholders and clients alike.
- Proven success in developing content for a variety of audiences and channels.
- Ability to improve efficiency and quality of documentation processes.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret technical terms and architecture and create them in layman terms.
- Experience with a diagramming tool
- Leading and Deciding
- Supporting and co-operating
- Analysis and interpreting
- Organizing and executing
- Adapting and coping
- Occasional travel may be required
- Ability to work flexibly across various locations and time zones