Business Unit: Commercial
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
Closing Date: 30 April 2019
Working within the sales team, the Business Development Manager will work independently to secure new partnerships within a named target partner list.
The targets attributed to the role are new partners on boarded, revenue, activity (ex. Marketing events) and cross sell/upsells.
What you will do…
The role will define and deliver GBG’s requirement to continue to build a high growth business and expanding into new sectors and territories in-line with the Group’s VOS.
This role will entail:
Territory strategy and planning
• Work with the internal partner team to develop named partner list in line with overall group strategy
• Work with the marketing team to ensure regular and relevant communications go out electronically to prospects
• Keep up to date on the product portfolio of GBG and develop more detailed knowledge of the product set relating to your nominated partners
• Understand the commercial opportunities within each partner, both within the current budget cycle and the subsequent three years, translate this into a revenue plan
Prospecting and closing partner opportunities
• Clearly articulate the partner value proposition, appropriate to the prospective partner
• Coordinate all aspects of the sales cycle to ensure customer fully understands the benefits of partnering related to commercials, product and personnel
• Work with Marketing to become a thought leader within assigned partner segments
• Ensure timely onboarding of partners to hasten time to revenue.
• Create opportunities for upsell and utilise resources across GBG where necessary to generate incremental revenue.
• Identify opportunities for cross sell and refer these to the relevant GBG team.
Reporting & Data
• Ensure all data relating to your partners/prospects is accurate in CRM.
• Ensure all opportunities and activities are logged in CRM and accurately updated through the sales and/or renewal cycle
• Provide reports and insight in response to questions from the sales management team.
Business Development Manager Key Traits…
Strategically plans and monitors how they will not only hit target but over achieve on their target, ideally before their peers because they are competitively natured
Possess a positive and enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude, whilst being emphatic to both customers and colleagues
Consultatively asks quality questions and listens intensely in order to build ROI and value for the customer to ensure their success
Passionately networks, internally and externally in order to build stronger relationships finding win/win situations along the way, challenging the status quo
Fanatical about customer success, goal setting and getting tasks completed, with a view of taking on more
Delivering the sales results
• Achieve incremental revenue and onboarding targets, with an expectation of significant growth in accounts over your portfolio.
• Provision of accurate and timely management reporting of sales forecasts, pipeline, platform and performance.
• Improve and exceed target NPS and CSAT scores for nominated accounts
• Quota number of on boarded partners, by partner type, achieved.
• Partners generate expected first-year revenue.
• Create group-wide Cross sell/ upsell opportunities
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for…
• Considerable experience in a B2B or partner business development environment
• Demonstrable success in winning deals utilising a consultative and value sales approach, demonstrating a personal track record of multi-level, multi-stage solution selling
• Have worked with similar technology organisations and ideally have experience of the sectors your customers will be in
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, be self-motivated with the ability to work either independently or within a team, be analytical in problem solving and have the ability to translate business needs into the most appropriate solution
• Demonstrated continuous high activity and business acumen at C level to accelerate business development to drive fast and profitable sales growth
• Strong awareness of the business software solutions for the location intelligence marketplace, ideally within a data services environment
• Experience of justifying the value of all resources requested internally to win and deliver a project, and the ability to inspire and motivate in-house, virtual, teams
• Understanding of the process of planning a business development strategy, targeting prospects and planning appropriate approaches
• Customer focused individual with a drive to ensure customers have and continue to have a great Customer Experience when dealing with GBG
• Knowledge of contract negotiations and ability to negotiate at this level with procurement
• Degree level education or equivalent qualification is desirable.
• A passport and full, current driving licence is essential, as extensive travel may be required.