Business Unit: Technology
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
Closing Date: 31 December 2018
Test and maintains the risk prevention, fraud detection, and customer management systems. This is a high performance and scalable web client/service system that enables companies to detect fraud applications and transactions. As a team member you will contribute to the ongoing testing of this system.
• Responsible for identifying and subsequently defining the required tests, monitoring the test coverage and evaluating the overall quality of testing.
• Deliver end to end testing including writing and maintaining automation scripts with open source and licensed automation tools.
• Also involves specifying the required Test Data and evaluating the outcome of the testing.
The candidate will report to and work closely with the Test Manager to learn GBG’s products and to assist with the support of existing customers. The candidate will be introduced to a variety of work within GBG, including client business and technical support, end-to-end project work, some development and customization work, implementation and training and quality assurance.
Candidates may be involved in international projects and have the opportunity to become a specialist in a unique industry.
What you will do
• Implement and test work in an agile environment.
• Be a self-starter who can be relied on to get the job done.
• Adopt a professional approach and behaviour when dealing with the business and user community.
• Contribute to the effectiveness of the QA team by the sharing of technical and business knowledge.
• Carry out additional duties as directed.
• Commercial awareness and a commitment to the business.
To be successful, we are looking for
• Demonstrated ability to work both individually and in a team environment.
• Good analysis and trouble shooting skills.
• Preparing Test estimation, Test Approach, Test Plans, Test Cases, Reporting as well as execution.
• Strong communication and problem solving skills.
• Adaptable and flexible to the needs of customers and the organisation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Hands on experience in building test automation frameworks using tools such as Selenium or HP UFT.
• 2+ Years – Java, C#, Soap UI, SQL Server, ASP.NET,.NET Framework.
• Demonstrated experience in TDD or BDD working in agile environments.
• 2+ Years in three tiers Windows/Web application Testing or support using .NET, HTML, XML
• Experience with Microsoft Test Manager and Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server.
• Experience with Automated testing using coded UI in Visual studio is desirable.
• A strong sense of professional, patient and flexible customer service.
• Able to interpret and translate customer needs to be able to resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Encourage a culture of innovation focused on adding value.
• Able to work as part of a team to provide guidance and assistance.
• Proven ability to prioritise and to work independently, managing one’s own workload.
• A focus on thorough software testing and documentation, even when a simple fix is provided, resulting in a high-quality product and customer satisfaction.
• Proactive attitude to follow up issues and enhancement requests until a definitive resolution for the customer is found.
• Good oral and written communication skills in English with exceptional attention to detail.