Assistant Legal Counsel, Chester, UK
The GBG Legal Team plays a vital role in the success GBG’s global identity data intelligence business.
As a team, our aim is to adopt a market leading customer centric stance – both to our external clients and internal colleagues. We’ve been recognised for the contribution we make and for our initiatives to streamline processes and to provide commercial legal support to this fast paced and innovative organisation.
Highlights include being shortlisted for various In-House Legal Awards in 2016/17.
You will work closely with other members of the GBG Legal Team to provide advice and support services to the business across a wide range of commercial and contractual matters. The role will involve direct exposure and interaction with the Senior Sales Managers and Business Unit Leaders on a range of business critical matters.
What you will do…
You will be responsible for:
- Negotiating data supply contracts and client agreements.
- Advising on data protection and compliance matters.
- Drafting and updating standard contract terms and variations to standard contracts and agreements.
- Providing legal advice and guidance to sales staff and stakeholders within GBG.
- Organising legal training for sales teams.
- Prioritising workloads and communicating with commercial colleagues.
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and taking appropriate action.
- Collaborating with a broad range of other internal and external contacts.
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for…
- A qualified lawyer (circa 1-3 Years PQE or equivalent) with commercial contracts experience. You should be familiar with English Law and have practiced in the UK.
- Although previous in-house experience is desirable, this role could also be suitable for a lawyer with a private practice background moving in-house.
- Integrity – You should be reliable, honest and trustworthy. We are looking for an individual who is committed to achieving high levels of customer satisfaction and supporting the aims and objectives of the legal department.
- Interpersonal Skills – We work very collaboratively as a team so are looking for an individual who enjoys working with others and is good at building positive relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Persuasiveness – You must be a good communicator and have the ability to offer effective, commercial and persuasive advice on complex issues. As negotiating with suppliers and customers is essential to this role you should be able to explain your position in an articulate, constructive and confident manner.
- Planning and Organising – We work in a fast paced environment so are looking for someone who possesses strong time management and organisational skills. You should be able to plan your time effectively to ensure work can be completed within agreed timescales.
- Energy and Drive –You should be self-motivated, enthusiastic and keen to learn. We love to work with individuals who show passion and pride in their work and are willing to take initiative to deliver a high quality service.