Business Unit: Commercial
Contract Type: Permanent/Full Time
Closing Date: 23 November 2018
Working within the Customer Success framework and reporting to the
Customer Success Team Manager, the Customer Success Executive will work hand in hand with nominated customer accounts to ensure GBG deliver exceptional value, are seen as a trusted partner and that renewal revenues are maximised.
The targets attributed to the role are NPS Scores, activity (client phone calls and meetings) and attrition. Revenue and margin targets are set depending on the profile of individual named accounts.
What you will do…
In brief, you will deliver customer success through:
• Account strategy and planning
• Account Management
• Reporting and Data
• Review NPS scores as measured at point of customer contract signature and work with Customer Experience team to address any issues highlighted, leading to a year on year improvement in NPS
• Seek to minimize customer attrition, ensuring attrition targets are at least met
• Achieve revenue and margin targets where appropriate to the named accounts being supported.
Account strategy and planning
• Work with the customer to understand their existing and future requirements, business challenges and aspirations, translate this into a joint account plan, either at meetings or over the phone.
• Understand that the account plan for some customers will be a simple telephone call and for others more involved, based on the
• Appropriate Experience for each customer.
• Research and gather information on the customer segments related to the accounts you are working with.
• Work with the marketing team to ensure regular and relevant communications go out electronically to the customers.
• Keep up to date on the product portfolio of GBG and develop a more detailed knowledge of the product set relating to your nominated customers.
• Be the single point of contact for the customer, using a consultative approach and bringing in subject matter experts where required, to ensure the customer is excited about our technology and what it can do for them.
• Ensure customers know how to quickly get responses to their questions and work with them to resolve any escalated issues.
• Respond to any complaints or detractor feedback from the NPS survey.
• Support customers through the renewal process, working with legal, finance and on-boarding teams across GBG as required.
• Create opportunities for upsell and utilise resources across GBG where necessary to generate incremental revenue.
• Identify opportunities for cross sell and refer these to the relevant GBG team.
Reporting & Data
• Ensure all data relating to your customers is accurate in CRM.
• Ensure all opportunities and activities are logged in CRM and accurately updated through the sales and/or renewal cycle
• Provide reports and insight in response to questions from the sales management team.
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for...
• Experience in a B2B business development or professional services environment.
• Have worked with similar technology organisations and ideally have experience of the sectors your customers will be in.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, be self-motivated with the ability to work either independently or within a team, be analytical in problem solving and have the ability to translate business needs into the most appropriate solution.
• Able to listen, understand and empathise to a high standard.
• Able to manage own time and work with manager to set and agree priorities.
• Customer focused individual with a drive to ensure customers have and continue to have a great Customer Experience when dealing with GBG.
• Ability to understand and adopt the process of account planning and customer success framework.
• Working knowledge of contract negotiations is advantageous.
• Possess a positive and enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Being emphatic to both customers and colleagues.
• Consultatively asks quality questions and actively listens to answers.
• Enthusiastically builds customer networks and relationships.
• Fanatical about customer success, goal setting and getting tasks completed, with a view of taking on more.
A passport and full, current driving licence are essential, as extensive travel may be required.
A flexible attitude towards business hours is necessary in order to meet customer expectations.