Group Financial Controller, Chester, UK
Our finance team is central to the success of the business. Our aim is to proactively drive business value through informed and insightful decision making. We work in partnership with the business and are agile and responsive to business needs whilst maintaining a transparent system of effective standards, processes and controls. To support this goal we strive to have the best highly engaged finance professionals in our team. We’re on an exciting journey, and we have the strategies in place to get us to our destination.
Reporting to the Director of Finance Operations, motivating and coordinating a growing and talented global team, the role holder will be responsible for delivering world class financial control and reporting, to meet both external and obligations to investors and public company listing, and preparing robust financial results for key internal stakeholders including board, executive and business reporting.
As we continue on our exciting growth plans the role will be charged with developing and implementing more sophisticated policies and procedures both in the finance realm and where it interacts with the operational businesses. This is an outstanding opportunity for a talented finance executive to join in a high-growth, driven organisation.
What you will do
- Provide world class external and internal financial reporting including:
- preparation of the Annual Report under IFRS;
- coordinating the monthly group management accounts including consolidation of UK and overseas subsidiaries within best practice timescales.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and development for finance team members.
- Supporting the Director of Finance Operations on the management of key group finance matters including M&A integration activities, banking, taxation, treasury and foreign exchange management.
- Assessment of the impact of new accounting standards.
- Recommend and implement improvements to the internal control environment, ensuring appropriate policies and controls are in place to deliver on the group business plans.
- Leading digital financial process transformation and systems consolidation programmes within the team.
- Drive the delivery of the annual group audit.
To be successful, we are looking for
- A qualified accountant with experience leading an operational finance team.
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS, particularly revenue recognition standards.
- Someone who is confident and self-motivated with a true passion for this type of role.
- Someone who can inspire and motivate a high quality team whilst adapting to a fast changing environment.
- An ability to build strong working relationships with global colleagues.
- An excellent communicator, capable of delivering concise and compelling messages to senior audiences effectively through the chosen business language of English.
- Someone who seeks to maximise opportunities; i.e. challenges ways of working, sets and adopts Group practices, seeks and provides information and clarification
- A self-starter with a ‘hands on’ and 'can do' attitude
- Team player/collaborative
- A coach
- Results driven
- Problem solver
- Strategic thinker