Head of Internal Product
With a rich heritage of more than 30 years, offices in 16 locations worldwide and more than 1,000 team members globally, GBG proudly stand as the global technology specialist in fraud, location and identity data intelligence. We support businesses and enable customer growth by protecting companies and governments to combat fraud and cybercrime, lower cost of compliance and improve customer digital onboarding experience in today’s digital economy.
Reporting into the Chief of Business Systems & Operations, this role fits within the global Technology function at GBG. The team is responsible for ensuring that GBG deliver a world-class experience for all our customers, suppliers and team members globally; but will also align with and take direction from GBG’s Group Product function.
As the Head of Internal Product, you’ll work in the Business Systems & Operations Leadership team to drive and own our internal products strategies globally. You’ll define the product strategy for our internal products as well as being accountable for internal product marketing and influencing internal product delivery functions. You’ll also lead UX for GBG’s internal products, working in conjunction with our global Head of UX. Strategy setting, concise requirements capture and stakeholder communication/management will be key factors to succeed in this role.
This role is critical for our goals for automation and the ability to further scale GBG.
- Own the Internal product roadmap and ensure it is built to deliver the most important items for GBG; those having highest impact on customers (internal & external), those delivering strongest commercial return, and those providing strategic differentiation
- Ensure the Business Systems function adopts a consistent approach with consistent, predictable and reliable processes
- Contribute to the Design Authority Board regarding design decisions; and contribute to planning sessions regarding delivery prioritisation
- Define product management best practices and ensure that customer obsession/ insight is a major input into roadmap work
- Work closely with the Customer Experience team, Business Unit heads, Sales Heads and Heads of functional areas to capture their user requirements and ensure that their functional needs are clearly documented as User Stories. This will enable the Business Systems Delivery team to design and deliver the best solution
- Understand the core operational processes that underpin GBG and ensure that the User Stories align to optimising GBG’s key processes
- Work with key external partners to improve strategic and tactical approaches to internal products, applying best practice and exploiting innovation
- Drive the development of GBG’s internal product thinking across all product areas (Identity, Location & Fraud) to support an outside in, test and learn culture of innovation
- Capture meaningful metrics to measure continuous improvement and success for internal product delivery; and frequently publish findings
To help you be successful, we're looking for:
- Somebody who’s super organized, systematic and process orientated with a proven track record of delivering process transformation; driven to improve processes they see around them
- Proven senior experience in product and people management
- Strong working knowledge of internal systems and core business processes, such as ‘lead to cash’ and ‘trouble to resolve’
- Product breadth: Excellent understanding of end-to-end software product function in a fast paced, agile, digital world
- Product depth: Experienced in product management, agile processes, insight and analytics, customer relationship management, and ideation
- Strategy into execution: Strategic thinker with proven ability to translate concepts on a product roadmap into specific initiatives that are delivered and have the desired business impact
- Customer obsession: Strong customer orientation and ability to respond to frequent demands of multiple customers and channels
- Change agent: Proven track record of successful management of transformational customer-led change
- Collaborator and influencer: Track record of engaging stakeholders at all levels, with the influencing skills to have a strong impact on the success of GBG. Ability to influence from the exec team to the front line
- Inspiring leader: Exceptional and proven ability to motivate people, whether line managed or not, and whether part of GBG, of partners or of influencer communities
- Pace: Ability to work in a fast paced, high tech, rapidly growing and exciting environment
- Tech savviness: Ability to balance technical and business issues as well as communicate appropriately with both technical and business experts
What’s in it for you?
We have a vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are. Every team member across all our locations makes a difference and everyone has something to contribute.
If you’re interested, please apply or if you’d like to hear more about the role and benefits then contact email@example.com. We’re looking to hire the best and most engaged people into our business and we’ll make an offer once we’ve found that person.