Strategic Alliances Director
GBG PLC won AIM’s Technology company of the year in 2020. As the global specialist in identity data intelligence, GBG delivers a range of solutions that help organisations quickly validate and verify the identity and location of their customers. Our market-leading technology, data and expertise help our customers improve digital access, deliver a seamless experience and establish trust so that they can transact quickly, safely and securely with their customers online. Further information can be found at www.gbgplc.com.
GBG seeks to fill a key position focusing on the future of Identity, in its recently formed Strategic Alliances group. Reporting directly to the Exec owner of the division, you will be responsible for developing, monitoring, and delivering the divisional strategy and the creation and management of key partnerships/alliances required for the execution of the strategy.
The role will encompass strategic planning, ensuring that business unit and divisional organic and inorganic activities are aligned to the strategy, management of key strategy customer/partner accounts and the creation of new strategic alliances. The role will have specific focus on progress against the long-term FOI strategy and key relationships.
- Develop, monitor, and update on the SA division’s strategy and ensure the value creation plan is aligned with the strategic plan
- Develop and enhance strategic partnerships and alliances that are instrumental to the divisional strategy
- Secure placement in relevant schemes globally that support the business’ strategic direction, and allow GBG to develop a commercially viable role within the ecosystem
- Evangelise the divisional strategy and vision both internally and externally
- Support GBG’s business units with the development of the business unit strategy
- Develop, monitor, update and communicate short, medium, and long-term goals that measure effectiveness of the execution
- Contribute to, or lead, new product development initiatives and ensure that they are aligned to the strategic plan
- Contribute to, or lead, merger, acquisition, brand activities and ensure that they are aligned to the strategic plan
- Support internal and external communications with respect to the strategic or market facing activities of the division
- Support strategic customer/partner accounts at Bu divisional level
- Play an instrumental role in creating collaboration globally to break down BU silos
- Monitor relevant policy for the Future of Identity and influence where relevant to support GBG’s strategy
What we're looking for:
- Given the nature of the role and as it is a key part of a high-calibre team, strong interpersonal skills are critical
- In addition: General business experience and knowledge across many disciplines (P&L Management, partnership development, strategic planning, sales and business development, marketing and communications, product management)
- Deep understanding of trends that interlock with and not restricted to; government, finance, E-commerce, biometrics, tech sectors
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating and communicating with a diverse set of people, across groups and organizational levels
- Track record of building strategic partnerships that have delivered significant, tangible outcomes, experience in strategic planning and/or strategic consulting
- Capability to quickly develop a strong “standing” within the organization
- Track record of successfully handling demanding customers and/or partners
- Ability to challenge initiative owners in a constructive way with respect to overall feasibility and impact of initiatives
- Broad set of influencing skills (ability to influence people and strategic direction without direct control and/or authority)
- Self-driven with a high level of motivation and determination
What’s in it for you?
A rare opportunity to impact, shape, and support a company focused on global market growth. We have a vision to have the best and most engaged team members in the industry. People matter at GBG, they make us who we are.
If you’re interested, please apply, or if you’d like to hear more about the role and benefits then contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking to hire the best and most engaged people into our business and we’ll make an offer once we’ve found that person.