Internal Communications Business Partner Employee Experience Team, UK
Our Employee Experience Team is central to the success of the business. We are building a culture of engagement. We strive to have 'the best and most engaged people'. The Employee Experience team is responsible for everything that drives just that: our employer brand, culture, diversity and inclusion, training and development, internal communications, HR infrastructure, plus our physical spaces. We're on an exciting journey, and we have the strategies in place to get us to our destination.
You will lead the creation of an internal communications plan for our geographically dispersed global team and be responsible for overseeing its effective execution. You will create a consistent drumbeat of communication, through simple and powerful messaging and a variety of communication channels.
What you will do…
- report to our Chief People Officer and be an active member of our Employee Experience Leadership Team
- create and lead the over-arching internal messaging framework, aligned to the Company VOS (Vision, Objectives, Strategies)
- be responsible for creating and delivering against a rolling Internal Communications Plan, to deliver the above and our objective that ‘team members feel connected as part of a global team’
- champion a variety of communication strategies and technologies to keep team members informed, including leading the usage of our intranet be/connected, via management of our Digital Communications Executive
- champion internal team member recognition, including leading our internal awards programme, aligned to the Company VOS
- champion brand guidelines and tone of voice to plan, copywrite (or proofread/edit) and design content for communications across the intranet, video, written updates, town hall meetings and other events, etc.
- lead our Charity and CSR initiatives, working with various location-based teams to deliver these
- partner with senior leaders to ensure that they are creating regular functional/regional communications events, which are in line with ongoing messaging frameworks and that encourage dialogue with team members
- lead our twice yearly engagement survey, built around Gallup’s Q12 framework, and all associated communications – which are central to our strategy
- measure engagement and analyse effectiveness of internal communication initiatives across different GBG team locations, reporting to the Executive Team on trends and recommending adjustments.
- Own and manage the relation with the external communications team to ensure consistency for our internal messaging that is shared externally and that team members are aware of our key external communications.
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for…
Experience in managing internal communications across a multi-site client group, ideally with international experience.
A clear communicator, both verbally and in writing, with first class copywriting, proofreading and editing skills.
An experienced stakeholder manager able to quickly develop trusted relationships.
A digital-first approach with knowledge of the best tools for delivering and measuring internal communications.
Excellent command of English language, with secondary language/s (relevant to our jurisdictions) beneficial.
- Strategic thinking
- Communication skills
- Team player/collaborative
- Results driven
- Enthusiasm for technology
The role will require the post holder to travel regularly, sometimes internationally.