Employee Engagement Business Partner London - UK
Our Employee Experience Team is central to the success of the business. We are building a culture of engagement; something that our CEO champions every day. We want to be known for having 'the best and most engaged people' in the industry. The Employee Engagement team is responsible for everything that drives just that – our employee experience, our employer brand, culture, diversity & inclusion, training and development, internal communications, our HR infrastructure, plus our physical spaces. We’re on an exciting journey, and we have the strategies in place to get us to our destination.
Working as a part of the Employee Experience Team and utilising your experience in internal communications, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that colleagues in the business are both informed and engaged, in order to be highly effective in their roles and be great ambassadors of GBG’s Employer Brand, be@GBG.
What you will do
- report to our Chief People Officer and be an active member of our Employee Experience Leadership Team.
- support us in that goal by bringing strong internal communications expertise; providing advice, confidently challenging and supporting, whilst holding the bar high for the business and its leaders.
- ensure engagement and internal communication activities are of the highest standard and are always adding value.
- develop and implement a global engagement and communications plan making sure it is aligned with and supportive of the overall business strategy.
- support with stakeholder mapping and engagement, as well as the communications approach for each key stakeholder group to reflect their interests and needs.
- be a go-to person to advise and support colleagues on multi-channel communications, helping to ensure that messages are clear, consistent, timely and aligned with the business strategy and the GBG tone of voice.
- define the communications channels and plans needed to engage colleagues, whatever their location and role, making use of tools available within GBG and help define and shape new tools that innovate our approach to engagement and communications, particularly with remote teams.
- partner with senior leaders to ensure that they are creating regular functional/regional communications events, which are in line with ongoing messaging frameworks and that encourage dialogue with team members.
- champion the role of communications in change activity, both at a local and company-wide level, and ensure alignment in all change communications to internal branding and channel framework approach.
- lead our twice-yearly engagement survey, built around Gallup’s Q12 framework, and all associated communications – which is central to our strategy.
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for
- A strong understanding of the drivers of engagement and individual performance, along with experience of the most effective ways in which internal communications activities can drive engagement and performance.
- A strong understanding and experience of the strategic role of communication and its importance in major change programmes, as well as day-to-day business performance.
- A good all-round knowledge of internal communications processes, methods, systems and technologies, as well as excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good ability to flex style and tone to suit different audiences, ensuring key messages are retained and aligned and that corporate stories and vision are brought to life
- Effective project management skills - ability to cope under pressure and multi-task several small projects/channels (and daily delivery), as well as larger, more complex projects.
- Good stakeholder management at all levels; a natural collaborator who brings out the best in others, whilst challenging in an open and honest way to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Comfortable in a business partnering role that involves coaching and advising senior managers in communication and engagement best practices.
- Analysing and interpreting
- Creating and conceptualising
- Organising and executing
- Networking and relationships management
The role will require the post holder to travel regularly, sometimes internationally.